Author Topic: Hello could help to Boundary.  (Read 2086 times)

JoseCostaRica

Hello could help to Boundary.
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
Could you help me with limit
I think this is a problem that many people

I am an agricultural engineer. I need a farm divider into several equal plots.
I need to do something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsOIPMLOdQ

I can select the original region and calculate its area
I can draw a line to have the direction of the division
I can calculate the points of intersection

The user could indicate a point within the area from which the division is calculated. This is because in some cases need to be calculated for example 30% of the area etc.

My problem is I can not find how to calculate the area produced by the division line I've created
1. One option is to draw a polyline, then calculate the area of ​​the polyline and is higher or lower than desired, then move the line and calculate again to the desired area.
2.Otra option is to use Editor.traceboundary, but I need an example to guide me and have not found any
3. One way is to create a region but not have been able to achieve.

When the original region only has lines or polylines it is easier but sometimes can have arc segments, ellipse, etc spinline

I am using VB.NET, I'm not a programmer, just someone who wants to make a tool for my work. I think I'm close and with your help I can do it

Thank Tons of blessings
Sorry for my English

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Hello could help to Boundary.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »
Hi JoseCostaRica, welcome to the Swamp!

What do you have so far, can you share your code so we can see where you are at?

If you have no problem getting the points of the boundary then the easiest way would be to create a polyline object and get its area. You can create a polyline from straight and curved segments but spline segments will be troublesome.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

MexicanCustard

• Swamp Rat
Re: Hello could help to Boundary.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
Hi JoseCostaRica, welcome to the Swamp!

What do you have so far, can you share your code so we can see where you are at?

If you have no problem getting the points of the boundary then the easiest way would be to create a polyline object and get its area. You can create a polyline from straight and curved segments but spline segments will be troublesome.

Or a region.
Revit 2019, AMEP 2019 64bit Win 10