Author Topic: Publishing PDF not to include the layout name  (Read 1399 times)

reyas1123

• Newt
Publishing PDF not to include the layout name
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:50:33 AM »
Hi,
Is there a way to publish drawings to PDF not to include the layout name.

Thanks

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Re: Publishing PDF not to include the layout name
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:25:53 AM »
If you use a PDF-printdriver instead of DWGtoPDF, there are some features of name-handling and modification, depending on the features offered by the driver (For example PDF-XChange has a JS-based name processing).
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:57:11 AM »
Under the settings of PDF Publish, there should be "Create Bookmarks", turn this off and the layout name should disappear from the PDF.

David Bethel

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »
If you have Distiller ( or equal ), you can plot to a postscript device in a script or lsp environment and then combine the outputs file via .ps cover.  This gives you most flexibility that I've ever found.  It's been around forever but seldom do I hear of anyone using much anymore

-David
R12 Dos - A2K

reyas1123

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »
Thanks for the replies
I did chris advise but still showing the pdf layout name, @peter i have downloaded the pdf exchange but i could not found the setting that you specified.

thanks friends for the kind effort,

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »
... @peter i have downloaded the pdf exchange but i could not found the setting that you specified...
You have to search for "titrules.js" in help file, support forum (there are some examples) and your PDF installation.
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23