Author Topic: Identifying points above a surface.  (Read 1408 times)

gregm

Identifying points above a surface.
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »
Hello Swamp users.

I've come to the forums a few times just to look around and have done the search a few times but have not seemed to come up with an answer. What I'd like to do is as the post subject suggests. Identify a way, whether that's through a .net bit of code, or if there is some sequence of commands I can do/ workflow to follow, to identify cogo points which are above a given Civil 3D surface.

The reason I'd like to do this is that currently we pull in machine control data from GPS diggers on site that record the lowest pass of the bucket. However, once they come up to side cast, that data gets included as well if it doesn't overlap anything lower. While it is possible to orbit around the data and make the OGL surface transparent in order to manually remove points, this can be a bit tedious over a 2km zone with close to a million points usually.

Google has gotten me close on occasion and I'm aware of a few procedures that can be stitched together in 12D to get the result. But as I have a bit of familiarity with .net and enjoy using Civil 3D for a variety of tasks I was hoping to be able to achieve this in Civil 3D.

If anyone could point me in the direction of how to do this, or perhaps knows some functions that are similar that I could study and then embellish on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Identifying points above a surface.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 02:56:45 AM »
You could loop through the Cogo Points and then collect the elevation of the surface at the point location. The elevation can be compared with the elevation of the Cogo Point.

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

sybold

• Newt
Re: Identifying points above a surface.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »
look at TinSurface.FindElevationAtXY(x,y)