Author Topic: The PowerShell hosting inside of AutoCAD  (Read 7305 times)

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Re: The PowerShell hosting inside of AutoCAD
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:08 PM »
In Windows, open Event Viewer, then expand Applications and Services Logs at the left pane, click on NetOnApp node to see any errors may happen with .NETScript. Please see the below screenshot.
Khoa, I don't see any info about .NetScript Errors in the Event Viewer. Look at my attached screens, please. In one of AutoCAD sessions I didn't receive Fatal Error when I switching to the Programming tab, therefore I could make its screen. But repeated session wasn't such successful.

Additional info (it maybe helpful for you): Windows 7 x64; Windows domain; It uses the proxy for Internet connection.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:07:11 PM by Andrey Bushman »

khoa

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »
Hi Andrey,

Proxy internet connection prevents to load the tree list on the left pane. Therefore, it shows empty on your 2nd and 3rd screenshots. I think to fix that issue. It should work without internet proxy.

The Event Viewer does not have NetOnApp node since .NETScript was suddenly bombed out before writing its error logs. If .NETScript was working and had errors before, there will be NetOnApp node on Event Viewer.

I think your issue was due to missing registered assemblies. Could you please uninstall the application and reinstall it again, under admin rights, to make sure it will not have any error with the installation.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
It should work without internet proxy.
In our company all domain users have Internet access only through proxy. Other method of Internet connection is impossible for us. I think the same situation is in many other companies.

Could you please uninstall the application and reinstall it again, under admin rights, to make sure it will not have any error with the installation.
It is impossible to install .NETScript without admin rights. Therefore current version already was installed with these rights.

The Event Viewer does not have NetOnApp node since .NETScript was suddenly bombed out before writing its error logs.
Did you try to use the try\catch\finally blocks in your code for avoiding Fatal Error?

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
I got other testers who can see the Programming tab in Revit. I am not sure what is missing on your system. Here is a quick check for your issues:

In Windows, open Event Viewer, then expand Applications and Services Logs at the left pane, click on NetOnApp node to see any errors may happen with .NETScript. Please see the below screenshot.

Khoa, I am sorry, but I haven't a lot of free time for testing your application. :(

You can write NUnit tests for .NETScript and check their work result on the set of virtual machines with different settings (the proxy settings for Internet connection, for example). Also NUnit Orange can be usefull for unit testing report getting. If not to do it [unit testing and using the testing virtual machines], then the process of development of the software can be very similar for jogging in the shorts through the minefield.

At this time .NetScript looks very crude for me. :(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:32:49 PM by Andrey Bushman »

khoa

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »
I think to add internet proxy to the next releases to fix the enterprise issue.

Installing .NETScript without admin rights is your problem as the installation did not successfully register needed assemblies and write to Windows Registry. I will think the solution to fix that. Without windows admin privileges, some plugins will not work as it's missing info to register in the host applications. Maybe .NETScript will have some limitations with domain users.

I will find to add try\catch\finally block to the code that may have Fatal Error.

Thank you Andrey.

khoa

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »
I think you should try to install .NETScript on your home machine to test. I track some users are good and they don't have your issues that come from installing without admin rights.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 04:47:07 PM »
Installing .NETScript without admin rights is your problem as the installation did not successfully register needed assemblies and write to Windows Registry.
No, I installed .NetScript with admin rights. Look at my attached screen, please. Right now I've uninstalled .NetScript and installed it again (again with admin rights), but I get Fatal Errors in AutoCAD again (when I try to switch tabs of .NetScript in AutoCAD).

khoa

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
That's interesting. If someones else in this forum try to install .NETScript (at www.NetOnApp.com), please let me know. I still don't know how to detect your issues yet. Thank you.

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »
I think you should try to install .NETScript on your home machine to test.
Right now I write to you through my weak notebook. :( This machine is not for developing or testing, therefore it has not the installed AutoCAD. Also, for my desktop computer (this machine is unaccessible to me right now) I always use remote debugging, therefore I separate machines for developing from the machines for testing: desktop machine is for developing and the virtual machines are for testing. Therefore I will never install the program intended for testing on the machine which is intended for developing.

I track some users are good and they don't have your issues that come from installing without admin rights.
Khoa, you are free to ignore my info about the Fatal Errors in AutoCAD. I don't insist on their correction. If your product is for private clients (instead of Windows domain users), then it perhaps they won't get the problems that was mentioned by me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:16:57 PM by Andrey Bushman »

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »
Khoa,

In my opinion, your program [.NetScript] is very interesting, but it still needs qualitative testing and debugging. I hope, and I wish that for you everything will turn out successfully.

Best regards, Andrey.

khoa

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
Thank you for your valuable feedbacks. You are very welcome.

I am coming back with .NETScript after a long time delay, since its first introduction in 2013 at Autodesk forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-classifieds/new-autocad-programming-language-and-library-netscript-and/td-p/3816212). It has been almost three years for this product, but there are still lots of work to do as it is a tool for both CAD users and developers. I am planning to include everything about AutoCAD in .NETScript, from legacy technologies (AutoLISP, Command Script...) to latest (JavaScript, View & Data API...), as well as all valuable resources to help users to learn and develop in AutoCAD. It will be a one-stop-shop for everything about AutoCAD.

I am currently working on Revit API and adding lots of new web applications to Revit, just like what it was with AutoCAD but in advanced features. .NETScript will become a new web platform for Autodesk products. Developing in AutoCAD, Revit and Inventor will use the same simple code in JavaScript APIs. Please check it at https://github.com/khoaho/CADapi.js
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:06:35 AM by Khoa Ho »