Author Topic: Dynamic Block with Visibility States as Schedule Tag?  (Read 5706 times)

mpednault

Dynamic Block with Visibility States as Schedule Tag?
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:52:21 AM »
Architecture firm using ACA Architecture 2016.

So we'd like to create a Schedule Tag with visibility states for our Wall Styles that can be "linked" to our Wall Schedule.  Is this possible?  Our feeble attempts have left us scratching our heads.  When we create a new block with visibility states and add it as a schedule tag, the visibility states "triangle" doesn't show up, rendering them useless...

Furthermore, what we'd REALLY like to have happen is for the visibility state to be controlled by the Wall Style so that if the schedule tag for a 2 Hour Wall that has a property definition that's associated with the 2 hour visibility state it appears as we want it on the drawing...

This is our current partition tag block that has visibility states for 1 hour and 2 hour walls that we toggle using the visibility state pull down "triangle". (ignore the Tails VS)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Dynamic Block with Visibility States as Schedule Tag?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:25 PM »
I don't see this happening without some coding wizardry.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
Interesting use of an interesting tag.  :-D

You might be able to roll the data thru a lookup table and then on to your schedule.  It looks like you can extract the informaiton.

Never done it before but there are some smart peeps here. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:54:51 PM by Krushert »
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

mpednault

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:11:57 PM »
If the Schedule Tag uses essentially a block, why can't it have visibility states?

In looking into the creation of a schedule tag, only text based elements are considered a property that can be associated with an element within the item being tagged...

Notice that only the text based items are listed as "Labels" within the Schedule Tag creation.  So I suppose it is not possible based on this finding...