Author Topic: Civil3D - What is the Process of Opening a DWG with Data References  (Read 5133 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
This is a generic question for Civil3D dwgs. I have a Plan Sheet DWG that has multiple Xrefs and DataRefs. Currently, The Plan Sheet is not loading normally (Basically Locks up Civil3D).

I am trying to troubleshoot the problem by removing all the Xrefs and Datarefs from the Plan Sheet DWG folder. All the XREFs are hard pathed.

The only way I am able to get the Plan Sheet DWG to open is by removing all the XREFs and DATAREFs out of the Plan Sheet Folder and move them into another folder.

So when the Plan Sheet dwg is being opened, does it look for XREFs first and then DataRefs or does it look for DataRefs then Xrefs.

I am trying to get an idea next time something like this happens to either remove the Datarefs first and go that route or not.

Thanks for any feedback!
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil3D - What is the Process of Opening a DWG with Data References
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
I believe the xdrefs are loaded before the xrefs...

does an audit/recover of the file produce any good effects
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Re: Civil3D - What is the Process of Opening a DWG with Data References
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »
I thought that is what was going on, but I wanted to check with others to have a safe assumption. But Yes, looking at the command line while everything loads with a recovery does help. Thanks for checking in on that with me.
Civil3D 2020