Author Topic: All Things Annotative  (Read 1816 times)

bfred805

All Things Annotative
« on: November 25, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »
Hello all,

Can someone point me to a good starting resource for all things annotative? Historically, firms that I have worked at stay away from annotative scales in drawings. It seems to cause more confusion that productivity. I myself have a very fundamental understanding of the capabilities and would like to know more so that I may share it with my coworkers.

Thanks in advance,

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: All Things Annotative
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »
As you can see, general questions like that often get left unanswered as there is a plethora of information out there. Generally people come here having done some research and have specific questions. I would suggest that you do some self learning and come back with questions about the things you are having difficulty with. I guarantee more responses.

Annotative scaling is often something people have difficulty getting their head around in the beginning. There are a few variables to contend with. Then it clicks, they suddenly "get it" and they are off and running. Annotative scaling probably came about from people that discovered doing all their annotation in paper space is very easy when contending with multiple scales within the same drawing. Then wanting that simplicity and be able to see annotation in model space. The best of both worlds, so to speak.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: All Things Annotative
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »
Hello all,

Can someone point me to a good starting resource for all things annotative? Historically, firms that I have worked at stay away from annotative scales in drawings. It seems to cause more confusion that productivity. I myself have a very fundamental understanding of the capabilities and would like to know more so that I may share it with my coworkers.

Thanks in advance,

Brewser,

Start with HELP file...

OR better create a new drawing add some text objects..be sure the STYLE is set to ANNOTATIVE
assign different scales to the views

note some or all of the text may not be visible in the views

now go back to model space select some of the text objects
assign different Annotative scales to the text objects
that match some of the viewport scales...

go back to the layout tab...note the text objects with matching annotative scales now appear in view(s) with matching scales....

note ANNOTATIVE is supported by

TEXT
Dimensions
MLEADERS
HATCH
Blocks
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/