Author Topic: changing attributes within blocks that links to changes in other attributes...  (Read 1416 times)

Thorarinn

Hello.  I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction, as this is my first major LISP routine, and my LISP knowledge is basic.

I have a drawing with many blocks.  There are 4 possible block names:  BLOCK1, BLOCK 2, BLOCK3, and BLOCK4.

All of the blocks have the same 3 attribute TAGS:
ROW - the row number (the blocks are laid out in alternating rows of 15 and 16 parts)
PARTNAME - This is unique for every individual block,  but it incorporates data from ROW,  specifically, PARTNAME = "blah-blah-ROW#-blah
DATE- doesn't need editing

I want to automate the process of changing the row numbers (for future work) by running a command-line routine that asks for a row number, gives an option to change it, and updates the part of the PARTNAME (a string) with the relevant new row#.   EX: Change AttTag ROW from 1 to 2, and the partname changes from "blah-blah-R1" to "blah-blah-R2"

I don't know how to connect the ROW and PARTNAME data.
Any helpful hints or directions to ebooks or known function subroutines, would really help.

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
Another good Lisp resource, apart form this forum of course, is http://www.afralisp.net/.

Some questions regarding your intended program:
What is rows #1 to #5 exist and the user changes #2 to #3, resulting in two rows #3?
In your post you are unclear about the formatting of PARTNAME. Is it "*R#" or "*ROW#*"?
Wouldn't using a single table make more sense?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
This sounds like a task for an object field.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC