Author Topic: Fields Background Color  (Read 4158 times)

Ken

Fields Background Color
« on: May 05, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »
Does anybody know how to change the background color of Fields when they're inserted in the drawing? I want to keep the background on so that I can tell it's a field, just change the color. Some of our Text colors make it hard to read the text that's in the field and changing the background color would help. I'm hoping there's a system variable that can be adjusted, but I haven't been able to track anything down that works.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Ken

M-dub

Fields Background Color
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:04:34 PM »
I don't have 2005 so this is just a guess, but is there maybe something similar to a frame for wipeouts?
Code: [Select]
Command: WO
WIPEOUT Specify first point or [Frames/Polyline] <Polyline>: F
Enter mode [ON/OFF] <ON>: ON

Command:
WIPEOUT Specify first point or [Frames/Polyline] <Polyline>: F
Enter mode [ON/OFF] <ON>: OFF

/guess

Ken

Fields Background Color
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »
Maybe I should clarify a little more. The Fields I talking about are the new Text Fields that you are able to create now in 2005 with the new Sheet Set Manager. I think they’re great and I’m just starting to learn how to use them, just would like to change the background color when you put them in a drawing.

Ken

M-dub

Fields Background Color
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 01:20:47 PM »

Ken

Fields Background Color
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »
Yes, FIELDDISPLAY will turn the background completely off, but then you can’t tell where the fields are. Most particularly the ones that are blank at the current time, but are available to be filled out. We have a lot of blank Fields created in our Cover Sheet and Title Block drawings that will later be used to fill in revision dates, etc. throughout the Sheet Set. Once you turn the background off you really can’t tell they even exist in the drawing. So far I haven't found anyway to just control the Field background color.

Ken

M-dub

Fields Background Color
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 01:46:14 PM »
Sorry, I can't help anymore.  I can't seem to find anything else on the web and I couldn't test it anyway. (2004 here)

Good Luck!  Someone else might be able to help you out! ;)

Ken

Fields Background Color
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »
M-dub,

Thanks anyway, I appreciate you trying to help.

Ken

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
Fields Background Color
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 03:48:54 PM »
As far as I can tell Autodesk has not provided a way to control the background colour of the fields. Which is also a problem at my office where we use light grey (colour 9) as our text colour and since the field background colour is a similar shade of grey, we cannot read our fields unless we zoom into real close to the field and highlight it.
As far as I can tell there is still no system variable to control this in Autocad 2006 either. :(
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Ken

Fields Background Color
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 03:58:17 PM »
SPDCad,

That's pretty much what I figured, but you have to hope that somebody in testing saw the same thing we're seeing and would have set up a system variable to be able to control it. Doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing for them to create. Oh well, I guess it's another Wish List item.

Thanks for the input, at least I know I'm not the only one having this problem!

Ken