Author Topic: New to ME.....Print to .pdf Tab?  (Read 3234 times)

craigr

New to ME.....Print to .pdf Tab?
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:15:14 AM »
I received a CAD from an outside source with a tab labeled 'PDFs'. In this Layout, there are several Title Blocks with viewports.

The way I would print these to .pdfs would be with the traditional Plot dialog box, one for every Title Block. But then again, I would've set up a Layout Tab for each Title Block Layout.

But, could this be set up this way so they can all be plotted at once? - I have never come across this before.

Simply curious & always looking for ways to make things more simple / fast.

craigr

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: New to ME.....Print to .pdf Tab?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »
The sequence of Window Plots could quite easily be automated using the bounding box of each titleblock, but you are burdened with using LT  :-(

craigr

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:18:51 AM »
Funny you mention 'burdened' with LT. This is often how I feel.

:)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »
Yeah, they probably had some sort of automation. I think I've heard of people doing it with script files but unless you plan on going old school, it's not worth the effort. I would stick with one title block per layout.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
OR they did it the old school way and saved a view around each 'sheet'.
To check, look at the list of saved views.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

craigr

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »
I just checked and no 'saved views.

BTW, I don't need to print these, I am just after the Floorplan. I was just curious what this was when I came across it. Like I said above, I have never seen this.

Thanks for the replies.

craigr

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:50:01 AM »
I just checked and no 'saved views.

BTW, I don't need to print these, I am just after the Floorplan. I was just curious what this was when I came across it. Like I said above, I have never seen this.

Thanks for the replies.

craigr

I've seen it...back in the days of R6 and Model space only....OH  the nightmares!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »

I've seen it...back in the days of R6 and Model space only....OH  the nightmares!

R6 ? ? ? ?  IIRC the sequence jumped from 'Version 2.6' to 'Release 9'.  And then they got into the asinine model year fallacy.  Nowadays Adesk is starting to remind me of 50's era Chevy's.  Change the fins around and call it a new model.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »

R6 ? ? ? ?  IIRC the sequence jumped from 'Version 2.6' to 'Release 9'.  And then they got into the asinine model year fallacy.  Nowadays Adesk is starting to remind me of 50's era Chevy's.  Change the fins around and call it a new model.
I think you get the point....

And yes this annual (anal passage) release cycle non-sense is just poor marketing driven fecal matter.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell