Author Topic: Open Drawing Becoming Write Protected?  (Read 13192 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Open Drawing Becoming Write Protected?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 12:34:46 PM »
It wasn't the real-time sync either.

I ended up noticing that there was a small time discrepancy between my cell phone and my PC (well, all servers, and clients, as they're synced w/DC), which kerberos seems to have taken great issue with.

I manually made the change to time and date within the DC (domain controller [virtual], which is also my time server for the domain), but saw time 'slipping' following Windows updates, etc. and would again have to manually change settings to correct, despite my time server being synced with MS' time server.

I traced the issue to the logon script that I inherited, which was originally employed with our previous Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 environment, and called
Code: [Select]
net time <DomainController> /set /y

This isn't necessary with modern time server (W32TM) implementation, and ultimately caused the time bust across the domain (more to it, but that's the takeaway).

In any event - the issue has been resolved now for a week or so, without another instance cropping up... and the server is generally operating much better in terms of performance with the same 5-80 MB drawings... so, yay.

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:23 PM »
2 days ago I had the problem until I could delete the dwl files, so that sugguests a lock to me, or is the workstation locking these too.  Acad 2016 here.

The O/S doesn't know or care about the presence or absence of .DWL* files.

This can be demonstrated like this:
1. Open a DWG
2. See the .DWL* files get created in Explorer.
3. Use Task Manager to kill "Acad.exe"
4. The .DWL* files remain in place.
5. Re-open AutoCAD and open the DWG, it will not be "read-only" because of the .DWL* files.