Author Topic: How to create an "exploded view" in Inventor?  (Read 6030 times)

tedg

• Swamp Rat
How to create an "exploded view" in Inventor?
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »
Does anyone know how to create an exploded view in inventor and can you give me a few tips?
The "help" and tutorials aren't much help, they show me how to place the view on the sheet, but not how to create it.

I read where you create a "presentation view" and it is saved as an .ipn file, but I can't even find out how to do that.
I looked all my view, file save/export, tools, manage, (etc.) options.. nothing.

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

I am a self-taught Inventor novice, with a little outside help.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

tedg

• Swamp Rat
Re: How to create an "exploded view" in Inventor?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 11:23:24 AM »
Ok... I finally figured out what I was missing... sort of obvious once I figured it out  :oops:

For those of you who don't know but want to know..
You go to  "File > New > Presentation" this is where you bring in a view an assembly (etc) and adjust your components either manually or automatically, and this view is saved as a ".ipn" and you place that view in your drawing (.idw).

But if anyone has more information, tips, tricks on this process, please share.

Thanks

Bethrine

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
It's a pain in the bottom. If you need more help, I have done it quite a bit.

You can turn the lines from part to part on and off, all or individually (right click on them).

I selected all parts I need to move and they move together then I would leave one behind and do it again. It seemed to look better than the auto distance to me.

There is a way to rotate things in increments...I don't have the program in front of me and I don't remember exactly where that button is but I believe it's in the upper left corner and fairly straight forward.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:50:40 PM by Bethrine »

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:13 AM »
It's a pain in the bottom. If you need more help, I have done it quite a bit.

You can turn the lines from part to part on and off, all or individually (right click on them).

I selected all parts I need to move and they move together then I would leave one behind and do it again. It seemed to look better than the auto distance to me.

There is a way to rotate things in increments...I don't have the program in front of me and I don't remember exactly where that button is but I believe it's in the upper left corner and fairly straight forward.
Thanks for the added info, appreciated!
I agree, I feel moving the parts away from the assembly myself is nicer than all automatically/uniformly, more of an artistic look ;-)

[beer]