Author Topic: Nested Blocks Issue  (Read 10616 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Nested Blocks Issue
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
what is it that you do that is so unique?

It is cad based right?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Thank you for the kind suggestions, Jeff and 57gmc.

Jeff, I just can't provide a better explanation. It would take a ton of time I don't have, yet in the end I would probably still fail to communicate.

57gmc, your post makes a lot of sense to me, though nobody who does the same work I do feels that Inventor is fluid enough to solve these issues.

Maybe a happy medium is the way to go. Using a combination of the two methods just might help you. Use XREFs during the beginning phases of a part or assembly when things are very fluid and then converting to blocks that are stored in a library as they become more solid.

I'm really grasping at straws here because you really haven't given us any idea what it is that you do. Maybe you could give us a general description of a "typical" job, if there is such a thing, from start to finish.
CAD Tech

novice

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
Thank you for the kind suggestions, Jeff and 57gmc.

Jeff, I just can't provide a better explanation. It would take a ton of time I don't have, yet in the end I would probably still fail to communicate.

57gmc, your post makes a lot of sense to me, though nobody who does the same work I do feels that Inventor is fluid enough to solve these issues.

Maybe a happy medium is the way to go. Using a combination of the two methods just might help you. Use XREFs during the beginning phases of a part or assembly when things are very fluid and then converting to blocks that are stored in a library as they become more solid.

I'm really grasping at straws here because you really haven't given us any idea what it is that you do. Maybe you could give us a general description of a "typical" job, if there is such a thing, from start to finish.

There's no need to grasp at straws. As I've said, it's too much work to try to explain the whole thing. I appreciate the help that's been offered, including this last useful suggestion, but I will find my own way through these issues - they won't get resolved in this thread, and I guess I'm not the type to pretend they are resolved and then move on. I hope that's not offensive in any way - I mean no offense. Thank you again.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »
If you come up with a solution that you like, would you please post back here with it?
CAD Tech

novice

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
If you come up with a solution that you like, would you please post back here with it?

If I do, I certainly will!