Poll

Would you like a VBA Tutorial?

Yes
18 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 03, 2005, 12:10:08 PM

Author Topic: How about a Tutorial  (Read 10730 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 05:20:22 PM »
Quick summary:

Public - Make available to every module in a project.

Private - Available only to the current module. Typically used to hide or encapsulate implementation details. For example, you may have a Public wrapper for a private api declaration and implementation. Or, you may have a Public Get Property and a Private Let Property, making it oestensibly Read-Only outside the Class / Form.

Static - Use to retain values between calls, in other words, each call to the Sub / Function uses the same variable(s). Sometimes used to speed up critical code.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 08:48:49 AM »
Quote from: CmdrDuh
OK, I guess I'll go public with what I'm doing.  Jonesy had expressed an intrest a while back to learn VBA, and since no one jumped on it, I said I would help her.  I'm putting together a small do-it-your-self-at-your-own-pace seminar based on what I know. (Which isn't much, but I tried to help)
I am currently putting together what I call a primer which starts with some concepts needed that I learned from VB, and apply that to VBA
This offer is much appreciated. Thanks
I am looking forward to learning as much as I can, to make my life easier :D
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

ML

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »
I think people need to know how the vbamanager works, how to load a VBA project, how to access the macros, how to create a new module, name a module, save a project etc.

When I was starting, people would send me code or I would copy code from The Net but I didn't know what to do with it.
Once I learned how to make a Module, name it, paste the code in and save it, I was on my way.

Mark

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
How about a Tutorial
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 03:15:22 PM »
I intend to cover those very topics b/c I know exactly what you mean.  We got all this cool code, but couldn't make it work b/c we didn't know what to do with it
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

ML

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 03:16:05 PM »
Exactly!

ML

How about a Tutorial
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 11:27:02 PM »
Also, navigating through The VBA help screens is very valuable. Can't tell you how many examples I have copied or borrowed from.