Author Topic: Can use notepad++ format lisp code ?  (Read 14621 times)

AIberto

Can use notepad++ format lisp code ?
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »
Dear all

Can use notepad++ format lisp code ?  if not ,Please recommend a plugin. Thanks

Before formatting

After the formatting

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Re: Can use notepad++ format lisp code ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:34:45 AM »
If you have autocad the command "Vbaide" will open the lisp compiler / editor.  Although I'm not sure I'm addressing your question right.

AIberto

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:43:10 AM »
If you have autocad the command "Vbaide" will open the lisp compiler / editor.  Although I'm not sure I'm addressing your question right.

Vbaide is VBA editer , you mean "Vlide" ?

Oh .my question is about notepad++

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 05:02:44 AM »
I think Alien meant to state VLIDE (as in Visual Lisp IDE) from within AutoCAD's command line.

As for NotePad++ and AutoLisp, yes you can achieve such by some tweaking of the built-in Lisp lexers, but there are problems:
Of course an alternative is LispPad: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=44949.5
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »

Vbaide is VBA editer , you mean "Vlide" ?

Oh .my question is about notepad++

oh sorry. I did mean vlide :) I wonder if netbeans would work

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »
I think Alien meant to state VLIDE (as in Visual Lisp IDE) from within AutoCAD's command line.

As for NotePad++ and AutoLisp, yes you can achieve such by some tweaking of the built-in Lisp lexers, but there are problems:
Of course an alternative is LispPad: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=44949.5
I am a regular user of Notepad++. I don't have access to Vlide as I am a BricsCAD user.

I have created a user defined language for Lisp. This has two advantages over the built-in Lisp Lexer:
  • Negative numbers and numbers in the scientific format (1e-8) are recognized.
  • You can use 8 keyword groups enabling you to split the large function list over two groups.
One thing Notepad++ can't do is recognize multiline comments in Lisp files (I am not sure if irneb is referring to this).
Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. ;|
  2. Multiline
  3. Multiline
  4. |;

AIberto

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
Thank you irneb and roy .

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 07:54:22 AM »
I'm sick of seeing you people struggle with your text editors (you shouldnt be; you are in your editor more then you are AutoCAD) so I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. Make the switch to Emacs or Vim. The best I can come to listing their features is to say: "Highly customizable".
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

AIberto

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 08:17:04 AM »
I'm sick of seeing you people struggle with your text editors (you shouldnt be; you are in your editor more then you are AutoCAD) so I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. Make the switch to Emacs or Vim. The best I can come to listing their features is to say: "Highly customizable".

I have no requirements. I just want know  notepad++ whether can format lisp, if not  ,that's nothing.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
A text editor that can't format code is nothing? You might as well be carving your code into a banana then.  :)

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »
Personally, I find it easier to format the code as I go; each to their own I suppose.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
You shouldn't have to think/worry about formatting your code at all. A proper (aka: good) text editor should format as you type and/or allow you to refomat to your/industry standards at your whim (it should just work *period*). No thinking required. My text editor does what I want it to, not the other way around.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
Personally, I find it easier to format the code as I go; each to their own I suppose.

Times a million.

You shouldn't have to think/worry about formatting your code at all. A proper (aka: good) text editor should format as you type and/or allow you to refomat to your/industry standards at your whim (it should just work *period*). No thinking required. My text editor does what I want it to, not the other way around.

Because hitting the tab key with or without the shift key is so labor intensive. lol.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »
I do my own formatting (visually I have a solid preferences file that theSwamp helped create) I just don't trust auto closing of parenthesis, I prefer to get lost in a seas of parenthesis, preferably my own where possible. 

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 10:03:00 AM »

Times a million.

Because hitting the tab key with or without the shift key is so labor intensive. lol.

Is that the mindset you take when writing your own programs (sometimes *it* works and sometimes *it* doesn't)? If I use a tool, I want it to just work that's why I ditched all the other editors I tried before I found one I liked (I tried a dozen or so). ...maybe I was mistaken in thinking this was an assembly of programmers (highly technically minded individuals who bend and shape computers to preform their bidding).

BTW, you don't really have to hit tab when you're typing do you (seriously)? I mean your editors do have auto indenting as you type right?

I do my own formatting (visually I have a solid preferences file that theSwamp helped create) I just don't trust auto closing of parenthesis, I prefer to get lost in a seas of parenthesis, preferably my own where possible. 

I don't like auto closing of parens either.

That's awesome! We really should get a repository going again to host stuff like that (preference files and such).

Donate to TheSwamp.org