Author Topic: Project Navigator  (Read 4337 times)

cadman6735

Project Navigator
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »
I can't seem to find any documentation on this, but when I reference my elements into my constructs the thumbnail for the AutoCAD icon has an 'X' on it when viewing the files in windows explorer, I assume this means the files are xrefed but it only happens in elements, constructs referenced into sheets do not show this 'X'.  I have some users that are nervous about this.  Can someone point me towards some documentation on this?

Thanks

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Project Navigator
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:23:24 AM »
try go to explorer...
right-click and examine ALL properties of a file with X and some without, see if you discern anything from there...

Otherwise, as long as things work in Architecture, no reason to concern yourself with X Y or Z being shown by explorer
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

cadman6735

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »
yeah, all works well, the only thing is, someone didn't like seeing the 'X' and thought the files where damaged and restored from backup last night killing all my work, I am trying to explain to them that the files where fine but I need proof or it is just a circular argument.  I am new to using project navigator and I have never seen this 'X' before either but all worked fine so I had no concerns until all my work was wiped out.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
As long as everything is working fine in autocad...IGNORE whatever WinBLOWS is showing in explore window

I mean WHAT does windows know about what your cad files are doing to or with each other?

And most importantly NO ONE should be asking for any files to be RESTORED or DELETED until verified to be a 'problem'
with at least TWO (2) other team members to prevent loss of work.     

Go Gibb smack that person twice...once for you, and once just 'cause, you know for good measure.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/