Author Topic: Civil Point label components in Front or Isometric View  (Read 4613 times)

John_P

Civil Point label components in Front or Isometric View
« on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Hi,
I would like to see Civil Point labels reacting to changes of view, i.e. in any view (Front, Left, Isometric etc.) point label components will be always displayed 100% perpendicular to view direction - which unfortunately happens only in Top View.
For illustration please see attached picture and compare how point label components behave in Top, Isometric and Front Views.
When Orientation Reference is set to View in both Point Style and Point Label Style, only point marker is reacting to changes of view, not point label components.

I have seen several posts on that problem before and didn't find any solutions.
I wonder if someone could confirm that it is bug in software (I am using Civil 3d 2014).

Resolving this problem would greatly help in labeling Civil Points in different views of building facades. I am looking for that solution for many, many years.
The work around it is to switch Northing or Easting with Elevations in point coordinate file, which is what I am doing.

Another solution would be to explode Civil Points to anonymous blocks *U... and perform 3DRotate command around the insertion point and a line parallel with x, y or z axis for each one of those blocks separately. That's tedious.
If someone would know how to do such a 3DRotate but for multiple blocks (each block being rotated around its own insertion point and a line passing through that point and parallel with x, y or z axis) I would greatly appreciate any help and insight.

Thanks, John_P

:glaresad:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil Point label components in Front or Isometric View
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »
Civil 3d labels are not well suited to anything that is not show relative to WORLD coordinate system
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/