Author Topic: acaddoc>lsp  (Read 7866 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: acaddoc>lsp
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 01:31:25 PM »
Really? You blame AutoDesk?

If you feel vulnerable to this and it's so easy, make it yourself. Most people have protocols in place to avoid this type of thing. It is easy. Just like basic virus protection, it's up to the users to implement the necessary safeguards. You cannot blame AutoDesk for not protecting us, if some of us can't protect ourselves from the maliciousness of others.

The stuff about your issues with customization are not even related to the topic at hand.

I would say Autodesk addressed this with secure directories.

danallen

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
For one, why does a project folder have a lisp routine in it?

I'm on Bricscad so this isn't an issue, but I sometimes put project specific customization in a lisp in each project file folder. This allows me to add on the fly customization that doesn't affect whole office, just usable by the project team. Some of it is an override to office standards, as required by the specific job.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
CAD Tech

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 03:00:16 PM »
For one, why does a project folder have a lisp routine in it?

I'm on Bricscad so this isn't an issue, but I sometimes put project specific customization in a lisp in each project file folder. This allows me to add on the fly customization that doesn't affect whole office, just usable by the project team. Some of it is an override to office standards, as required by the specific job.

I too have used project-specific code files for years, but _never_ using one of the automatically loaded Acad* files in DWGPREFIX, etc. for the very reason of mitigating potential security issues.

Instead, I simply have users place their project-specific code in a (strcat (getvar 'loginname) ".lsp") file, in a separate folder (either their personal network space, or a project relative folder; never where .DWGs are), and load the code (if found) as part of our AcadDoc.lsp procedure.

Cheers

[Edit] - Code snippet from version-specific AcadDoc.lsp, where user's personal network space is mapped to SFSP programmatically at session start:

Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. (if (findfile (strcat (setq userName (getvar 'loginname)) ".lsp"))
  2.    (load userName)
  3. )
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:39:24 PM by BlackBox »
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »
Same here.  If I need to test something, I have it load from a separate development folder rather than a drawing folder.  The same thing could be accomplished for project-specific code.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}