Author Topic: Window Cut Planes  (Read 5923 times)

Artisan

Window Cut Planes
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:09:51 AM »
Ok, maybe I'll start getting the hang of this program within the next few years. :D  But until then, I have come across another situation that I need some help on.

When I insert a window into a block wall style with a footing, the window cuts the footing in plan view, as shown HERE. When I toggle to 3D, the footing is still there with no cut. Only in plan view am I seeing this. I need that footing line to stay continuous and not break like shown. I adjusted the anchor and vertical position of the window, but it did not help. It's like the window has a cutting plane on each side that can't be altered. Am I missing something here? This wouldn't be an endcap problem would it? If so, how in the world would one set and endcap for this wall style since it is composed of so many elements?

Thanks

• Bull Frog
Window Cut Planes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:44:06 PM »
I thought it was just me. I too am unable to resolve this problem., weel I did by hand drawing in tjhe foundation. Yer yer I know go the bottom of the class..
Unfortunatlly when I needed to solve it I was short of time. It occued to me that it may be linked to element visibility on the cut plane control, but as I said had very little time to delve deeper.
Sorry to take up you time with mindless ramblings.
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

• Bull Frog
Window Cut Planes
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 06:51:30 PM »
Follow this link
www.archidigm.com/lounge/architectural_desktop/adt2_exercise_1/

Click on architectural_desktop_ex_1_foundation_plan.htm

Although is written for ADT 2.0 the principle is the same. I have just found it and have yet to road test it.
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

scndyr

cutting planes
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 09:36:26 AM »
i am new to this and have had problems with inserting windows in block walls, but when I change the cutting plane to 7' it appears to work most of the time.
You may need to know that I am currently going to school and they have not yet installed 2005. javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile

daron

Window Cut Planes
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 09:55:11 AM »
Nice sig. Welcome to the Swamp, skaul. Ahhh. I know you. You're Se7en's father. Welcome.

Artisan

Re: cutting planes
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 08:10:21 AM »
Quote from: skaul
i am new to this and have had problems with inserting windows in block walls, but when I change the cutting plane to 7' it appears to work most of the time.
You may need to know that I am currently going to school and they have not yet installed 2005. javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile

Exactly how do you alter the cutting plane height?