Code Red > .NET

Show me!!

(1/4) > >>

Mark:
Let's say I want to use .NET to customize AutoCAD.
Where do I start?
What do I need?
Do have any working code examples?

TR:
Good first topic.

First and formost you'll need either AutoCAD 2005 or 2006 (or a vertical product) to use .NET to customize AutoCAD. Both of these products install the .NET framework when you install AutoCAD so you won't have to download them.

The next and probably the most important thing is you'll need to decide which .NET language you want to use and get somewhat familiar with the language. There are tons of tutorials out there for all the languages of .NET. A simple google search of "c# tutorial" or "VB.net tutorial" should give you some good tutorials to get you familiar with the language.

For writing .NET you can code in almost any text editor and compile with the command line tools provided with the .NET framework. However, if you're like me and prefer a decent IDE I recommend SharpDevelop.

For some good tutorials for using with AutoCAD you can check out the C# articles that MickD posted on CadVault. There are also some VB.NET examples in the ObjectARX SDK under samples/dotnet.

I hope this is enough to get you started.

Mark:
So .NET isn't a language on it's own!! You mean I have to use it with-in another language?

TR:
Take a look at this.

It will explain how .NET is a framework and languages like C# and VB.NET run on that framework.

pmvliet:
I know typing netload at the command line will let you load in a .net application  :D

But we all knew that already....

<back to reading the previous links>
Pieter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version