Author Topic: Edit a Text Style?  (Read 29906 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Edit a Text Style?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
I don't know, I'm about to drop an elephant in a dingy here.

These folks are currently doing 2d building layouts for water pump stations....imagine how tedious.

So in preparation in my spare 'development' time I have been building the pieces of pipe and various fittings
that go into said pump stations typically, right up to and including concrete blocks to build the walls with.

And then I will need to school them on using these tools, that will live on a tool palette to make it easier to
grab the right part(s) off the shelf.

Then they will also need to learn to control section line objects, and the section views it can generate.

Be sure to document the process to use these new tools, you will find greater adoption rate and less resistance.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
No it is exactly 'right'.

Try this....Add and anno scale that you wont ever use in your viewport(s)
something like 1:20
Set that anno scale current WHILE in Model Space...your text, blocks, and or hatches and dimensions, will all now be nice and big (visible)
while in model space. However only the desired view scales should be added to the items you want to show in those particular viewports.

Good idea.

also of note your dimension was NOT associative...it should be

it also was not annotative...also should be

I'm easing into it. I can't change too much too fast without rocking the boat...so to speak. Text is a good start.  ;-)
Something that can be useful or throw you for a loop if do not know is editing annotative object using its grips only apply to that scale.
So using that last drawing you posted and add 1/8" and 1/4" scale to it and when set to 1/4" if you select text and move it by its grip it only moves the 1/4" scaled text. Using move will do all.
On annotate tab the is sync positions or ANNORESET will align them all back together

Bethrine

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »
Something that can be useful or throw you for a loop if do not know is editing annotative object using its grips only apply to that scale.
So using that last drawing you posted and add 1/8" and 1/4" scale to it and when set to 1/4" if you select text and move it by its grip it only moves the 1/4" scaled text. Using move will do all.
On annotate tab the is sync positions or ANNORESET will align them all back together

Thanks!  :-) I remember grip editing annotative objects confusing me before but I didn't know about move or annoreset (I think I've heard the second but I am drinking from a fire hydrant here...have been for quite some time since I got this job.)  :lol:

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
There are some nuances to using annotative scaling and a lot of people are overwhelmed by it, at first. I was. It took me a while but it was like all of a sudden, I got it. We don't use it like it was intended, though. We hardly ever have the same annotative object showing at more than one scale. They are set to annotative, but only have one scale assigned to them. It is just an easier way for users, who are less adept at setting up their own stuff, to be able to do so "on the fly". Really, really, basic stuff, but it works and there is no reason not to use it.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
I wish there was also VIEW specific text....so If you annotate in a LEFT view that text will only ever show up in viewports set to show LEFT side....with option for multiple sides as well.....it would be very cool to have.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Bethrine

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »
I wish there was also VIEW specific text....so If you annotate in a LEFT view that text will only ever show up in viewports set to show LEFT side....with option for multiple sides as well.....it would be very cool to have.

And there it is...the reason I had decided against it.  :-P

But...my current drawing is an old 2D one and all in one viewport (that I created). Originally it was plotted from model space including the titleblock. It needs to fill the viewport to extents and the text (also in model space) needs to be 1/8" printed. So, annotative works very well here for my purposes.

Now that I'm thinking on it, looks like I may need to switch back and forth a bit.  :cry:

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »

Pssst, you can have different scale "names" with the same scale factor.
CAD Tech