Author Topic: annotative text question  (Read 10598 times)

Bethrine

annotative text question
« on: April 30, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
If I set my text to annotative, at 1/8" in paperspace, can I use it in both model and paperspace and it will print at 1/8" both on a paperspace layout and through a viewport that scales at say 1 : 4?

Did I make that clear?  :?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: annotative text question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
yes, to be clear you are setting PAPERSPACE Height

AND you will need to ADD the ANNO SCALE i.e. Viewport Scale that you want it to appear in to the text object(s)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Bethrine

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »
AND you will need to ADD the ANNO SCALE i.e. Viewport Scale that you want it to appear in to the text object(s)

It's that second part that bothers me. If I have a viewport at 1 : 4 and another at 1 : 2 then I have to somehow (ie vpfreeze) turn off the annotative text I don't want in each viewport and create another annotative text for the other, is that correct?

I want to set it to paperspace height and then wherever I put text, in either paper space or model space, have it print at that set paperspace height no matter what, even if I have viewports that scale objects in model space differently. I don't want to have to create a text for each viewport. Is that possible?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

It's that second part that bothers me. If I have a viewport at 1 : 4 and another at 1 : 2 then I have to somehow (ie vpfreeze) turn off the annotative text I don't want in each viewport and create another annotative text for the other, is that correct?

I want to set it to paperspace height and then wherever I put text, in either paper space or model space, have it print at that set paperspace height no matter what, even if I have viewports that scale objects in model space differently. I don't want to have to create a text for each viewport. Is that possible?
NO (technically yes - you only create one text object - it scales itself automatiically to the view IF it has that annotative scale (viewportscale actually) assigned to it.)

You ONLY assign the annotative scale to the text objects that you WANT to SEE at that scale.

So IF I create a text object and ONLY have annotative scales of 1:1 and 4:1 then I will only see it in views that are at those scales.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »

NO (technically yes - you only create one text object - it scales itself automatiically to the view IF it has that annotative scale (viewportscale actually) assigned to it.)

You ONLY assign the annotative scale to the text objects that you WANT to SEE at that scale.

So IF I create a text object and ONLY have annotative scales of 1:1 and 4:1 then I will only see it in views that are at those scales.

So I can create one text object, add a scale to it for each viewport scale, so it can be seen in all of the viewports, and it will only show the properly scaled text for each viewport and it will print at paperspace height? And it will show at paperspace scale if I put it in paperspace?

Bethrine

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 01:09:17 PM »
Edited last post...

Bethrine

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 01:14:49 PM »
I'm going to try it. (Hopefully I don't waste too much paper.)

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »
Basically, yes, as long as your annotative variables are set correctly. I find it useful to work through viewports when doing this type of thing.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »
So I can create one text object, add a scale to it for each viewport scale(that you want that particular text to appear in), so it can be seen in ONLY the viewports WITH THE SAME SCALE(S), and it will only show the properly scaled text for each viewport and it will print at paperspace height? And it will show at paperspace scale if I put it in paperspace?

correct...

don't print just measure the text in paperspace...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Bethrine

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
Am I going to have to add an annotation scale for every text object? Specifically, I want the text in my callout circles to annotate per viewport.

I've recently been working with 2D drawings and moving a part among other parts means moving some, but not all, of my leaders which works better if the leaders are in model space with the object.

Bethrine

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »
Change of last question...

Is there a way to automatically add several annotation scales to text objects automagically so I don't have to click on every one?

<edit> I suppose I could try matchproperties.

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
Alternatively, you could set-up one and copy it.
CAD Tech

Bethrine

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
Alternatively, you could set-up one and copy it.

I'm trying to make this easier and faster... :idiot2:

:-D

Rob...

• King Gator
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »
Oh, the text already exists in the drawing and you are trying to change the properties of it?
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »
Change of last question...

Is there a way to automatically add several annotation scales to text objects automagically so I don't have to click on every one?

<edit> I suppose I could try matchproperties.
grab them all go to properties....add/edit annotation scales there

Be your Best

Michael Farrell