Author Topic: About the "Registry values for ProductID and LocaleID for AutoCAD..." article  (Read 3791 times)

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
I write code for parsing the string of registry key of AutoCAD products, like "ACAD-E001:409". My code must show info about all installed products by Autodesk (their full names and versions). I made it, but there are some moments which aren't up to the end clear to me because information in this blog contradicts itself.

I had read this article, but it has nothing info about products 2002-2010 and 2016. I asked Virupaksha Aithal about it, but he didn't answer. Therefore I don't see sense to continue to write comments there. I see wrong info, also I see a lot of doubtful information.

I publish it here for preventing the problems, which can be gotten based on that incorrect info. For example, wrong info:
Quote from: Virupaksha Aithal (the text with my remarks)
B001 AutoCAD (Registry Cookies: ACAD-D001; ARD-D001) - AutoCAD 2013
9001 AutoCAD (Registry Cookies: ACAD-8001; ARD-8001) - AutoCAD 2011
But AutoCAD 2013 has the ACAD-B001:409 key and AutoCAD 2011 has the ACAD-9001:409 ones. So, this article contains incorrect information, unfortunately.

I can't check all info, because I haven't the installed of all that products. But the errors, pointed by me, arouse mistrust to remaining information:

Quote from: Virupaksha Aithal (the text with my remarks)
E009 AutoCAD LT (Registry Cookie: ACLT-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also.
D009 AutoCAD LT (Registry Cookie: ACLT-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also.
B001 AutoCAD (Registry Cookies: ACAD-D001; ARD-D001) - don't correspond each other values of year.
B009 AutoCAD LT (Registry Cookie: ACLT-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also.
A001 AutoCAD (Registry Cookies: ACAD-8001; ARD-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year.
A001 DwgViewer (Registry Cookie: DWGVIEWR-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.
A00A AutoCAD OEM (Registry Cookie: AOEM-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.
A009 AutoCAD LT (Registry Cookie: ACLT-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.
9001 AutoCAD (Registry Cookies: ACAD-8001; ARD-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year.
9001 DwgViewer (Registry Cookie: DWGVIEWR-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.
900A AutoCAD OEM (Registry Cookie: AOEM-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.
9009 AutoCAD LT (Registry Cookie: ACLT-8001) - don't correspond each other values of year, and a product code also. Product code is the same like for usual AutoCAD: 001.

If someone can to check a correctness of the doubtful information pointed by me, then I will be very grateful for publishing of the result of that checking.

UPD
I see Virupaksha Aithal just (several minutes ago) deleted all earlier present mentions about the Registry Cookies (and added info about AutoCAD 2016). But you can read it still in the comments above in this message. It is a lousy method of "decision", because now these reefs will be found by programmers unexpectedly in the during their work.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:19:27 PM by Andrey Bushman »

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Hm... You can see the original info (without removed Registry Cookies) in the ADN case, because ADN bloggers cannot edit that cases.

9001 DwgViewer (Registry Cookie: DWGVIEWR-8001)
Is the DWGVIEWR correct? Maybe it is DWGVIEWER correct?

(Registry Cookies: ACAD-D001; ARD-D001)
Why exist two variants? When am I to expect each of them?

etc. :(

It is very bad when official information isn't rechecked and contains a huge number of errors. It is very bad when instead of correction of errors the employees of ADN prefer to delete the information which is earlier published by them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:25:57 PM by Andrey Bushman »

Andrey Bushman

• Swamp Rat
Published here.