Author Topic: PDF driver for "Publish"  (Read 4711 times)

DIW_CADtech

• Bull Frog
  • Push limits, embrace success, & discard failure.
Re: PDF driver for "Publish"
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
With wipe-outs we have always had mixed results, but 9/10 times it's wrong in the PDF.. we avoid them like the plague.   as an alternate option image clipping and xfref clipping.. or.. iembed the image and clip out what you don't want with the raster tools.   Wipe-outs tend to be a crutch, and a painful one at that.  It seems at times they work on one machine and not on another even thou both machines were set up identically.  In any case.. very buggy with adobe.. and it doesn't matter much which PDF driver you use.. it almost seems random weather it works or not.
I am very  trainable....   (forgive my spelling)

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »
We had the same issue, I solved it by upping the DPI in the Precision dropdown. The defaults are 200 DPI, I created a custom version and changed the DPI to 300 and it seemed to solve most of the hatch issues.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
Code: [Select]
Here's another one to ponder. Under Publish options: Multi-sheet file does not produce a single PDF file when I use Plotter named in page setup.I found setting  "EXPORTPAPERSPACE", 0 before exporting will always give a single sheet
"EXPORTPAPERSPACE",1  will always give a multi sheet. ( I do it with code).
Now I have to figure out how not to use export due to the insane text boxes added in acad 2016 for .shx fonts which we use almost exclusively

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »
Does anyone know what PDF driver gets used when you an issue the Publish command?...
I know, the question is some weeks old, but .. - you could look at the File-properties of the created PDF. There is "PDF producer" and "application". Maybe it helps.
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23