Author Topic: Civil datashortcuts  (Read 1874 times)

kees987

Civil datashortcuts
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:57 AM »
Looking at the Civil API, i cant seem to find anything on how datashortcuts (create/update/remove/...)
url: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2015/ENU/API_Reference_Guide/index.html#

Does anyone know where i can find some information in this and how to use it in c# ?
thanks in advance

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Civil datashortcuts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
DataShortcuts and DataReferences have not been exposed in either .NET or COM API's.

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Civil datashortcuts
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
DataShortcuts and DataReferences have not been exposed in either .NET or COM API's.

Nope... But, I suspect it *might* be possible (I haven't tested for myself) by modifying the external XML files, and then invoke REFRESHSHORTCUTNODE Command, no?

My comments stems from some research I was doing into a pseudo-named 'CREATEDATASHORTCUTSAUTO' custom system variable that, when enabled, would allow user to mitigate the 'drawing has not been saved yet' dialog... Problem there was, that my app worked just fine when user invoked the command, but the development team loves to have their ContextMenuExtension's MenuItem's Click Event call the Method the CommandMethod is attributed to, rather than lock the Document, and call the Command (which inherently precludes any ability to Veto() the Command as there is no DocumentLockModeChanged Event raised, etc. Grrr).

So, anyway - perhaps this is worth looking into for the OP (my earlier comment)? *not sure*

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."