Author Topic: Problems copying modified standard ribbon panels to other computers  (Read 1327 times)

TimAshby

Morning all.

I've just entered the world of mucking around with the CUI with the aim of adding buttons to mine & my co-workers ribbons. I've happily created a whole bunch of buttons & stuck them onto my ribbon in two fashions. 1) New ribbon panel, new buttons. 2) Old ribbon panel, such as Home - Utilities, new buttons added to the panel. Panel type 1 copies across fine, so its nothing to do with my commands / buttons, as far as I can see.

My problems begin in transferring the modified old ribbon panels between PCs. I've saved my CUIX onto our server with the Transfer tab in the CUI interface. I then head to another PC, pull up the Transfer dialogue, load my CUIX from the server & try to copy across my version of Home - Utilities. It seems to go across, but when I hit OK, the ribbon tab remains the same.

Things I've tried to get around this (and that have failed):

- Remove the Home - Utilities tab from the other PC, both the 2D home & in the panels list. Copy across my version.
- Rename my version of Home - Utilities to Renamed Home - Utilities, copy across. At first the copy has the name from the other PC - Home - Utilities.
- Remove the tab from the other PC, copy the renamed version across. The copy has the renamed name, but no dice. At this point, hitting OK results in the tab being removed completely from the toolbar.
- Hitting save workspace at intermittent intervals during above processes.

I'd rather not create new panels to incorporate commands as there is a certain logic to their placement in the existing panels, I'd also rather not go around the various machines repeating the process to add the commands to the panels one by one.

Any suggestions to help me avoid this?

Also, many thanks for the various bits of code & ideas that I've acquired from this site in general, thus helping me create the buttons.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Problems copying modified standard ribbon panels to other computers
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
Suggest use of ENTERPRISE CUI instead of Local
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:14:58 AM »
local is fine, you need to unload and reload the CUIx file after transferring the custom ribbon entities to the local CUIx file. I didn't see it below but utilize a custom CUIx file instead of transferring into the main.cuix.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:10:53 AM »
yes, however using Enterprise CUI theoretically reduces administration.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/