Author Topic: XLIST for Civil 3D  (Read 8426 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: XLIST for Civil 3D
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »
Here is what i get when I select a contour line in a surface.  It's listing the layer that the surface object is on, not the layer of the contour line.

I will check out the entity tracker listed above, thanks!
Unfortunately, in most cases, the EntityTracker doesn't list the nested object, either. At one time it wasn't possible to determine which subentity the cursor was hovering over. I'll have a look into seeing if it's something that can now be supported.

I wonder if a PointMonitor's GetPickedEntities() Method would work?

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »

Cheers
That would be nice, but that is the method used by the EntityTracker already. I've done some testing this evening and am not seeing any method to get at the subentities of the styles. Only the actual entity is included in the value returned. While testing, I did notice that the ET does not show the Style used by any C3D object. I've now included that in the output.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 11:35:27 PM »

Cheers
That would be nice, but that is the method used by the EntityTracker already. I've done some testing this evening and am not seeing any method to get at the subentities of the styles. Only the actual entity is included in the value returned. While testing, I did notice that the ET does not show the Style used by any C3D object. I've now included that in the output.

Maybe a worthwhile API feature request of TY and his team?

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."