Author Topic: PEDITACCEPT (System Variable) and MPEDIT (Express Tool)  (Read 2944 times)

ROBBO

• Bull Frog
PEDITACCEPT (System Variable) and MPEDIT (Express Tool)
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »
If I have the PEDITACCEPT system variable set to 1, it works as it should, but for some reason it messes up the MPEDIT command. When I select multiple Lines to convert to PLines, it still prompts me for a response and when I select YES, it says "Invalid option keyword" and it only converts 1 object and leaves the rest. Is this a known issue in AutoCAD 2014?

Kr. Robbo.
The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on.
It is never of any use to oneself.

Oscar Wilde
(1854-1900, Irish playwright, poet and writer)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: PEDITACCEPT (System Variable) and MPEDIT (Express Tool)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »
I get the same results as you do using 2015. I'm guessing it has something to do with MPEDIT being part of the express tools.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
It's simpler IMO to use the PEDIT command, then key in M for multiple, than trying to rely on a 20 year unsupported express tool. 
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 11:09:53 AM »
why not leave it set to (0) and just live with answering YES and having the command function as you expect it to, instead of error message?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ROBBO

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
MPEDIT (Express Tool)

'Convert Lines and Arcs to polylines? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Unlike PEDIT, this prompt always appears.'

I think the best route to take is to not use MPEDIT, but PEDIT>M or use the MULTIPLE command.
The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on.
It is never of any use to oneself.

Oscar Wilde
(1854-1900, Irish playwright, poet and writer)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
MPEDIT (Express Tool)

'Convert Lines and Arcs to polylines? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Unlike PEDIT, this prompt always appears.'

I think the best route to take is to not use MPEDIT, but PEDIT>M or use the MULTIPLE command.

MPEDIT works fine; just leave the <PEDITACCEPT> variable alone.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:39 PM »
Quote from: mjfarrell
why not leave it set to (0) and just live with answering YES and having the command function as you expect it to, instead of error message?

Why not just do what @cadtag said and use PEDIT>M. Then you don't have to worry about an old unsupported express tool. Who knows what else it might not handle?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »
Quote from: mjfarrell

Why not just do what @cadtag said and use PEDIT>M. Then you don't have to worry about an old unsupported express tool. Who knows what else it might not handle?
I use it all the time, have yet to have any issue with it.
Until today when I learned of a variable that IF left to default of zero(0);being changed to one (1), and only then did it produce unexpected results.

That would be why....

Another reason, most of the time I only draw polylines anyway.  And IF someone gives me a file full of lines I use MAPCLEAN on them and convert them all to polylines anyway.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell