Author Topic: C3D 2015  (Read 12199 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: C3D 2015
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Just signed in...SAD

NOTHING for Civil3d (US)  a few things for RSA....although most of us do not live or work in South Africa.

A few entries for Infraworks.....again confirming that they are actually killing support and or development for civil 3d at this time.

Turn that frown upside down, Michael... Guess I should have mentioned that this is but one of many invitation only portals.  :-D

Cheers

That doesn't make me smile....as humorous as you may think it is.

Well, perhaps Labs Project Kameleon (new version of 2014/2015 Bridge Modules) will?  :-)

Cheers
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »
The part authoring workflow is tightly integrated with InfraWorks, and includes the ability to post new part catalogs to InfraWorks models.

Again NOTE lack of Civil3d support or development....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
The part authoring workflow is tightly integrated with InfraWorks, and includes the ability to post new part catalogs to InfraWorks models.

So... You haven't actually checked it out for yourself... Got it.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

So... You haven't actually checked it out for yourself... Got it.

Just noting that it focuses on being compatible with Infraworks.....
also, given the history of these 'technology previews' and how often than not they are not included in any final build....is it really worth
vesting in using something that will not be available for production use any time soon, if ever?  (read never)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 02:36:33 PM »
Trust me, I don't like being so negative towards Autodesk.
However they have failed to deliver real product improvements for so long....
I would really like to believe "there is a pony in there somewhere"...but for too long all I've seen is the manure
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
Just noting that it focuses on being compatible with Infraworks.....
also, given the history of these 'technology previews' and how often than not they are not included in any final build....is it really worth
vesting in using something that will not be available for production use any time soon, if ever?  (read never)

If you thought the 2014, or 2015 Bridge Modules were lacking (both optional, separate downloads from Subscription Center, Product Enhancements [not Labs]), I'd encourage you to check out Kameleon... That's it.

I would really like to believe "there is a pony in there somewhere"...but for too long all I've seen is the manure

It is, what it is... I'm not here to be their advocate either... I work with they're products because their superior to alternatives for the successful, and profitable completion of our work. To that end, I take it upon myself to be as proficient as possible with the tools I require for my work, and to help others along the way. Nothing more.

I simply wanted to share, if not reiterate, that your more critical comments here *may* be better directed in a forum where you have the possibility of directly interacting with some of the key product development staff, and management... Entirely your, and others' prerogative.

Please take from my comments what you like.

Cheers

[Edit] - I can haz a grammer.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
I did, and have set aside some time to thoroughly evaluate.

However, reading through the response to some user issues already, note that this project
was not driven by users wanting more, better or easier tool to use instead of Part Builder.
The driver for this project was to make Civil 3D more Infraworks compatible.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Eclipse

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 07:20:52 PM »

That is almost an understatement with regards to Civil 3D. We have transitioned away from Civil 3D to a rivals package (12d) and it works much better for us [works out of the box so to speak, easier to use and customise, more powerful design options, faster & next to no crashes]. It is now a pain for our designers when work has to be done on legacy projects in Civil 3D.