Author Topic: Batch Bind VBA Code Help...!  (Read 4339 times)

Vince

• Newt
Batch Bind VBA Code Help...!
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:52:17 AM »
Hello Swamp Members,

I developed a VBA routine that would allow the user to select multiple drawings and then bind those drawings, turn ON or OFF certain layers and then save them. For some unexplained reason when I run the routine now after I select the list of drawings to bind the program opens the first drawing and then hangs for a significant amount of time before moving on to the next drawing on the list and then the same think occurs again over and over. It just seems to hang (some times 3-7 minutes) before binding the drawing and moving on to process the next drawing file.

This was a very useful tool because we are constantly binding project drawings for client submissions and the utility use to save a lot of time. Can any one of the forums VB experts please take a look at the code to see if anything needs to be corrected.....?? I have not changed anything in the code for some time however, within the past few months this anomaly has surfaced. The VBA file is attached below.

We are using AutoCAD Architecture 2013 running on Windows 7 Pro (service Pack 1),   Dell Precision T3610,  64bit workstations,  with 64GB memory.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...!

Regards,
 Vince
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:06:14 AM by Vince »

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
Re: Batch Bind VBA Code Help...!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
Maybe this has nothing do with your code, but is due to the AutoCAD InfoCenter. I would try disabling InfoCenter, then see if anything changes.

In any case, you're more likely to get timely help if you include basic details like AutoCAD version and flavor, OS version and architecture, and whether you're using any third party add-ons that might be interfering.

Vince

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »
Owen,

I have updated my original post with the specific details as you suggested....!

Thank you,
Vince

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
Did you try disabling InfoCenter? Glancing through your code, nothing really jumps out. I would start removing steps to pin down the exact point where the delay occurs to see if that provides any clues.