Author Topic: ADT Standards  (Read 6823 times)

Artisan

ADT Standards
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:00:20 AM »
Is there anyone here who goes by a set of standards geared towards using ADT and its elements? We are trying to collectively compose a set of standards here including the ADT elements we use, like wall styles, door/window styles, etc.. I was just curious to see if anyone else here has created this and has some ideas or suggestions before hand.

daron

ADT Standards
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 08:50:51 AM »
The only suggestion I have is to consider whether or not VIZ or MAX will ever come into play and set your object colors to work with those programs. In other words use a different color for glass, sash, frame, stop, etc. within an object.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
ADT Standards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
Quote from: Daron
The only suggestion I have is to consider whether or not VIZ or MAX will ever come into play and set your object colors to work with those programs. In other words use a different color for glass, sash, frame, stop, etc. within an object.

You don't need to do it like that...With ADT, you set materials for the different components of the walls, windows and doors.  Those materials will transfer over to VIZ when file linked.  I have set up all of our materials for walls, windows, doors and various blocks so that all I need to do is file link the drawing in VIZ and hit render.  It's awesome!! I love it!!

EDIT:

Here is the breakdown of the Material Definition that is being referenced in the wall style.  The Material Definition allows you to specify a Render Material (rmat command).  As long as you specify the paths in VIZ to your texture maps, VIZ will find it.

daron

ADT Standards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 01:06:04 PM »
I meant for use with materials in VIZ or MAX. If that's different, fine. It's been a while since I used either.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
ADT Standards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 01:16:02 PM »
Gotcha...mis-communique...

daron

ADT Standards
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 04:27:35 PM »
No problem.