Author Topic: "accoreconsole.exe": Curent state (Acad 2014)  (Read 5760 times)

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
"accoreconsole.exe": Curent state (Acad 2014)
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »
Hi

I started to look around for information of "current opinions" about accoreconsole.exe under Acad 2014. The Swamp has some posting from year 2012, one question relating ".net" from 2014.

Who has experience with it? Is it state of the art, stable, handsome, usable in other languages? Or is it a buggy, unsupported and outdated stuff?

Regards

Peter
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
Re: "accoreconsole.exe": Curent state (Acad 2014)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:49 AM »
I use accoreconsole for multithreaded computing.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:32:44 AM »
Evgeniy
while surfing around I found many hints and lists of not-supported commands. Do you have a special method to avoid problems with not-supported stuff?
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

ElpanovEvgeniy

• Water Moccasin
  • Moscow (Russia)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:52:28 AM »
Evgeniy
while surfing around I found many hints and lists of not-supported commands. Do you have a special method to avoid problems with not-supported stuff?

No, I have enough existing functional...  :-)

enderprime

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »
I know this thread is a few months old but here are some links for what I found during my own search.

ADN post with DevTV video

Post from Kean with supported commands list

I am currently testing it in AutoCAD 2014 to do a batch process across thousands of drawings, and will update again with my impression when done.

enderprime

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »
The ac core console works great, and I am currently using it to run 4 consoles simultaneously in a batch process.

The main thing to understand is what functions you can't call from it, but other than that it works as expected.

If this thread is still alive I would be glad to answer any questions about the process.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »
Hi ender.prime

thanks for your postings. For me, as starter of this thread, the topic is alive, but sleeping at the moment. Maybe I come back to it in some weeks, and I'm sure that I will have some questions.
Peter

BricsCAD V23

trogg

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »
Did you happen to read my post on either CADTutor or my Blog about the core console?
Here is the link to the CADTutor thread: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?76974-Up-and-Running-with-the-2013-Core-Console&highlight=core+console

I show how it can run by using a windows batch script and the more powerful pairing it has by using it with ScriptPro.

I hope that someone will make a version of ScriptPro for ACAD 2016 when it comes out. I really want to use ScriptPro and the Core console because I am hoping that they fixed a major issue of the Core Console not having the ability to process OLE object, like a linked Excel Spread sheet that is linked to an ACAD table.

~Greg

enderprime

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
Your post was great and yes I did see it while working on my stuff. We don't have Script Pro running over here atm so I ended up doing my own script process. I am also hoping at some point there will be a way to access vlax- functions within console.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »
Did you happen to read my post on either CADTutor or my Blog about the core console?
Here is the link to the CADTutor thread: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?76974-Up-and-Running-with-the-2013-Core-Console&highlight=core+console

I show how it can run by using a windows batch script and the more powerful pairing it has by using it with ScriptPro.

I hope that someone will make a version of ScriptPro for ACAD 2016 when it comes out. I really want to use ScriptPro and the Core console because I am hoping that they fixed a major issue of the Core Console not having the ability to process OLE object, like a linked Excel Spread sheet that is linked to an ACAD table.

~Greg

You may be completely SOL on the OLE issue.  OLE relies on the connected application to manage the object including it's appearance, so since there is no "command line" version of Excel or any other OLE object sources I'm fairly certain they can never be resolved in a GUI-less environment.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}