Author Topic: Civil 3D .NET Wizard  (Read 3314 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Civil 3D .NET Wizard
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
Those of you who could use this, probably already have one of your own, but still nice to see it being offered:

Civil 3D Project Template for Visual Studio
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
Re: Civil 3D .NET Wizard
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:27:02 AM »
I don't use Civil3D but downloaded the project anyway as it is a nice example of how to automatically create a .bundle file when compiling the code.  It also shows how to remove the .bundle file when cleaning the project.

Thanks for the post BlackBox.
Keith Brown | AutoCAD MEP Blog | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »
I don't use Civil3D but downloaded the project anyway as it is a nice example of how to automatically create a .bundle file when compiling the code.  It also shows how to remove the .bundle file when cleaning the project.

Thanks for the post BlackBox.

I haven't tested this for myself yet, but do be mindful of cleaning any .bundle that includes a .CUIx, as you'll also need to clean the .CUIx, *.MNR (dark), and *_light.MNR files from each-and-every-single version's %AppData%\Autodesk\<Product>\<Release>\<Language>\Support folder as well.

Cheers

[Edit] - To date, I simply have my projects compile debug/release assemblies to %AppData%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\<MyApp>.bundle\Contents\Support\, so when I run from Visual Studio all is loaded at the correct time, without having to manually copy, etc. I'm interested to see if this new mechanism is more useful or not.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Keith Brown

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
I don't worry about the cuix until i have to make a change and then i just update the live cuix file and then copy it from the support folder to my bundle folder and update the guid.
Keith Brown | AutoCAD MEP Blog | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 / Revit MEP 2014 / EastCoast CAD/CAM addon / Visual Studio 2013