Author Topic: Profile Projection labels.. Ref Text setup ....Marker size...Anchor.. formatting  (Read 2582 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
I love and hate Profile Projection Labels... for alignment changes they rock....

Where in the Blank is the manual for how the different parts of how to make a profile projection label that really describes how it can be made....I have over time be trial and error... and I emphasize error. I think that the marker size controls where the X and Y offset start... But. This part of C3D is enough to drive you crazy.... Am I alone? I have included 2 snapshots of a PI projected, one left side and one right side of the Dim Line. It seems that the origin of the text position is controlled but by what I have only summarized is the size of the Marker. Even that though can still affect where the text position starts.... But where the blank can one find how this is controlled in real life??? Is there something that can really explain all the variables that can be used somewhere.... Now granted after about a 6 mo. I have made my styles and they work... but the pain.... I also understand that in C3D 2015 they have fixed the ??? so you can change it in properties.. thanks for that. A diagram showing how placement with different anchor/insert react to a marker...would be very welcome. My luck, I just haven't found it, and someone has this rosetta stone to this mystery.

Respectfully to all that comment.

MJP
Raleigh, NC

LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Not sure if I understand the question; it is a question right?
Or is this just a general rant on how poor the functions, and or functioning of the Label Style Composer are?

In general all of the variables for anchoring the label components, have differing results from each other, and
as such are more suitable than another depending on the results on is after.

However, IF one anchors EVERYTHING to the object then it is a little easier.
Once one starts anchoring to other components within the label then the fun really starts!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Not sure if I understand the question; it is a question right?
Or is this just a general rant on how poor the functions, and or functioning of the Label Style Composer are?

In general all of the variables for anchoring the label components, have differing results from each other, and
as such are more suitable than another depending on the results on is after.

However, IF one anchors EVERYTHING to the object then it is a little easier.
Once one starts anchoring to other components within the label then the fun really starts!

Yes, some rant and some just trying to find a diagram that shows how the anchor point works within projection styles... and text position start. So, I need to understand the mechanic's better.

Thanks Mike...
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit