Author Topic: Pasted OLE Excel is still linked.  (Read 2213 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Pasted OLE Excel is still linked.
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:17 PM »
Is this a new feature?

User came to me with a dwg file with about 14 pasted ole excel objects.  Even though she pasted them as not linked, if she double clicked on them, excel would fire and the spread sheet would open to copied cell range.  There was some link functionality in that the values could be removed from the cells but her case the last column would not show as deleted in the drawing file.  A copy and paste special had to be performed again.    She is running 2014 ACAD and I could replicate it in 2013 ACA.

I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Pasted OLE Excel is still linked.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
I avoid OLEs. They are just too buggy. On a side note, I started playing around with tables recently and so far so good. Might be worth a look to avoid those OLE issues.
CAD Tech

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »
double clicking on a pasted excel OLE object should open that specific instance up in Excel, not the original file.  I'm unclear from the description that anything out of the norm was happening?
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
double clicking on a pasted excel OLE object should open that specific instance up in Excel, not the original file.  I'm unclear from the description that anything out of the norm was happening?
I simply did not know of this capability with OLE objects.   Thanks for sweeping away some of the confusion. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans