Author Topic: Export Corridor or featureLines to XML  (Read 2873 times)

cadplayer

• Bull Frog
  • Autocad Civil3d, OpenDCL.Runtime, LISP, .NET (C#)
Export Corridor or featureLines to XML
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
Hello!
I looking for possibility in C3D to export corridors to XML-file. Is here anybody which have something (program). F.ex. if I export a corridor to XML I can select corridor, but it does not export any corridor
What can I do with C#.NET(newbie)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Export Corridor or featureLines to XML
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
The LandXML 1.2 Schema does not have anything relating to a Corridor. So when you include the Corridor in the Export, the Alignment(s) defining the baselines of the corridor will have CrossSects entry with a CrossSect entry for each corridor frequency line. There will also be a Roadways section with one entry for each alignment with the Design Speed data

This image shows the same drawing exported to LandXML 1.2, the one on the left I included the corridor, whereas the one on the left I excluded it.

cadplayer

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:17:43 AM »
Hi Jeff!
Thanx - understand. I can see all details from corridor in your picture too. But why isnīt possible to import same XML-export-file and get corridor as in origin file. I only get alignment and surfaces.
I didnīt understand if I open XML in editor I see Alignment->CoordGeom-CrossSectSurf-Profile the hole construction .... but Civil3d can not import these datas in the dwg back :?.

Annother question is, all the 3d-Objects you can create in Civil have to connect with other maschines or computersystems. Is there a program which can read a Corridor from Civil in a own system. I looks not very intressting if you only can get a surface from your corridor. Can you follow me?!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »
Dirk, I think that the corridor model is just more than what LandXML was/is designed for. Not sure how a corridor could be reconstructed from the section data, as the Assemblies/Subassemblies are not included in the export. I believe that the data CAN be used by survey instrument software for the task of construction staking, and that is the purpose for allowing the corridor in the export.

cadplayer

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:09:27 AM »
Hi again!
Thanks for your comments, I will see if I could do something in future with .NET. I am your opinion. Just a corridor affecting to complex to save it in a XML. I think a corridorObject in Civil looks like a datashortcut which connect alignment, profil and section. So I suppose it is not possible to see them as a coordinatefile with integrated featureLines or something like this.
In practise could it be intressting to have a more intelligent road solids as only the surface from a corridor. For example I could have all material, borders, kerbs...
So finally the materialReport from Civil could have more details.
You are welcome to my blogg, if you want follow this thread. (Maybe I have more practise in a couple of years :-D and I donīt find this thread here anymore).
http://cadplayerlounge.blogspot.se/2014/08/xml-export-civil3d.html