Author Topic: Civil3D - Drawing 2D Base files  (Read 2096 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Civil3D - Drawing 2D Base files
« on: August 07, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »
I know we talked a lot about creating feature lines yesterday. I have tried the [XREF] option on creating feature lines. Sweet. Now, the question is this. Is there a certain way to draw parking lots / sidewalks / intergral sidewalks that connect to the edge of a parking lot, retaining walls, building outlines, sidewalks matching building, curbs, stuff like that.

Thanks!
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil3D - Drawing 2D Base files
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »
Yes, you will find that you should draw it as they build it.
For example, where side walk is adjacent to a building they are typically separated
by a felting strip/expansion joint. If you draw it this way it is easier to control the building pad,
and the use set grades by adjacent feature line to establish grades and slopes on the back of walk, and the front of walk.
This also applies to ramps, the use of elevation points, and or PI, along the feature line to create ramps.
Feature lines that should interact with each other, belong in the same site.  Those that should not should be separated
into unique sites.

Further your geometry should be clean, no gaps or overlaps, suggest use of MAPCLEAN operation to ensure this,
otherwise poor geometry can or will lead to crashes.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/