Author Topic: 3Dpoly manager... interesting  (Read 2078 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
3Dpoly manager... interesting
« on: April 13, 2005, 03:38:22 PM »
Someone posted this from another site.. .I thought it was interesting

"A wish for a tool that would allow you to take a 2d polyline that could have curves included and turn it into a 3d polyline with specified elevations and/or grades between the vertices!

It would be nice to be able to pick a polyline and a Manager would come up with the vertices info. Which you could then manually change each elevation or grade between each vertices just like our current profile editor.

Also give us a tool that would allow us to offset these 3d polylines both left or right and with elevation differences.

This would help solve our intersection creation problems. You could then take these 3d polylines and create surfaces which you could then run your quanties off using earthworks. This would also help in parking lot design ie. numerous islands, weird inlet locations etc.

One step farther would make these 3d polyline Objects which could then be attached/tied to cl profiles. This would be ideal for new developments with housing areas needing grading plans along with road designs."
Civil3D 2020

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 09:04:50 PM »
I think your are asking for a lot. :)
This is all I got
http://www.theswamp.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17839#17839
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 08:14:36 AM »
i thought it was interesting... didnt know what you guys thought about it
Civil3D 2020