Author Topic: Buggy Line (GetPointAtDist...mystation)  (Read 1426 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Buggy Line (GetPointAtDist...mystation)
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:35:20 AM »
Anyone have a clue why this throws an error when I change my alignments start station to 0+50 or 1+00 rather than using 0+00?

thisspot = myalign.GetPointAtDist(mystation);

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Re: Buggy Line (GetPointAtDist...mystation)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:18 AM »
Solved...

turns out when I alter the station in civil 3d alignment options I have to subtract it from code above to get the proper location.

So if I changed the start station to 1+00, to get the appropriate point I had to subtract 100 from "mystation"...strange but whatever

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:22:46 AM »
Weird indeed, PointAtDist is actually PointAtStation?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
Weird indeed, PointAtDist is actually PointAtStation?

ug...not sure I solved it properly / understand it... ran into the same problem with:

PointLocation

Appears any time I change the alignments starting station, or start my alignments with anything but 0+00 these functions have trouble

I think subtracting the pointlocation station from the start station of the alignment solved this one also, but still strange... and without further testing can't verify. 

Anyone else familiar with what's going on here can you offer some input?  Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:43:40 AM by Alien »