Author Topic: C3D Survey Figures - sample code?  (Read 8882 times)

surveyor_randy

C3D Survey Figures - sample code?
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:22:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
I've googled and googled and I can't find any sample code on working with survey figures in the survey database.  In particular, I'm trying to delete a selected figure from the database and I'd also like to know how to toggle the "breakline" attribute for a selected survey figure.

Does anyone have any code they would like to share or could you send me a link to some sample code?  I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: C3D Survey Figures - sample code?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »
I think Survey Figures are kind of Featurelines and for that there is no (or almost no) API.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »
You are correct, they are essentially feature lines.  And I can cast or ctype selected survey figures to feature lines but that doesn't help me with manipulating the survey database.

sdunn

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
I think you are looking for the IsBreakline property of the figure in the database.  You would need to get the figure collection, then the individual figure to set the property.

I haven't found an example for this, but you could do something similar to these:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2013/11/how-to-access-the-autocad-civil-3d-survey-database-in-net-application.html

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2013/08/accessing-survey-database-points-using-autocad-civil-3d-com-api.html

surveyor_randy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Well, here is what I've tried (by using the samples I've found and using piecework code):
Code: [Select]
Public Sub ChangesSurveyFigureToNonBreakline()
            Dim ed As Editor = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor
            Dim oAcadApp As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication = Nothing
            Dim oAeccSurveyApp As Autodesk.AECC.Interop.UiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication = Nothing
            Dim oAeccSurveyDoc As Autodesk.AECC.Interop.UiSurvey.AeccSurveyDocument = Nothing
            Dim oAeccSurveyDB As Autodesk.AECC.Interop.Survey.AeccSurveyDatabase = Nothing
            Dim opt1 As New PromptEntityOptions(vbCrLf & "Select survey figure to change to non-breakline: ")
            opt1.SetRejectMessage(vbCrLf & "error!")
            opt1.AppendKeywordsToMessage = False
            opt1.AddAllowedClass(GetType(SurveyFigure), True)

Dim Res1 As PromptEntityResult = ed.GetEntity(opt1)

If (Res1.Status = PromptStatus.OK) Then 'single item picked
                Using trans As Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
                    Try
                        If oAcadApp Is Nothing Then
                            oAcadApp = GetObject(, "AutoCAD.Application")
                        End If

Catch ex As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.Exception
                        ed.WriteMessage(ex.Message)
                    End Try

Try
                        oAeccSurveyApp = oAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication.10.3")
                        oAeccSurveyDoc = oAeccSurveyApp.ActiveDocument
                        oAeccSurveyDB = oAeccSurveyApp.ActiveDocument.Database

Dim ent As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Entity = trans.GetObject(Res1.ObjectId, OpenMode.ForRead)
                        Dim oFigure As IAeccSurveyFigure = TryCast(ent, IAeccSurveyFigure)

oFigure.IsBreakline = False
                        oFigure.Save()

trans.Commit()

ed.WriteMessage("Error : ", ex.Message & vbCrLf)
                    End Try
                End Using
            End If
        End Sub

This doesn't work, I get a fatal exception error at the point I try to set the IsBreakline property.  I'm sure I'm not handling the interop properly.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for all the replies guys!  :-)

surveyor_randy

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
This code works, although only on a hardcoded figure item:

Dim ed As Editor = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor
            Dim oAeccSurveyApp As Autodesk.AECC.Interop.UiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication = Nothing
            Dim oAeccSurveyDoc As Autodesk.AECC.Interop.UiSurvey.AeccSurveyDocument = Nothing
            Dim opt1 As New PromptEntityOptions(vbCrLf & "Select survey figure to change to non-breakline: ")

If (Res1.Status = PromptStatus.OK) Then 'single item picked
                Using trans As Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
                    Try
                        End If

End Try

Try
                        oAeccSurveyApp = oAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication.10.3")

Dim oProjects As AeccSurveyProjects = CType(oAeccSurveyDB.Projects, AeccSurveyProjects)

Dim z As AeccSurveyProject = oProjects.Item(0)
                        Dim oSurveyFigure As AeccSurveyFigure = z.Figures.Item(1)

oSurveyFigure.IsBreakline = False
                        oSurveyFigure.Save()
                        oSurveyFigure.Reload()

End Try
                End Using
            End If
        End Sub

is there any way to determine what the item number would be for a selected entity?  I could search for a name but I use the same name for multiple survey figures (ex: EP, TBC)

I thought of casting the selected entity to a survey figure and getting the ID of the entity, but I don't think that has any relation to the ITEM key.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
This code does what I want, although it iterates through all of the figures instead of just using the figure I select:

If (Res1.Status = PromptStatus.OK) Then
                    Try
                        End If

End Try

Try

Dim oEnt As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Entity = trans.GetObject(Res1.ObjectId, OpenMode.ForRead)
                        Dim TmpFigure As SurveyFigure = TryCast(oEnt, SurveyFigure)

Dim oSF As SurveyFigure = nothing

Dim oCurrentProject As AeccSurveyProject = oAeccSurveyDB.CurrentProject

For i As Integer = 0 To oCurrentProject.Figures.Count - 1
                            Dim oSurveyFigure As AeccSurveyFigure = oCurrentProject.Figures.Item(i)

Dim FigureId As ObjectId = New ObjectId(New IntPtr(oSurveyFigure.GetObjectId))
                            oSF = TryCast(trans.GetObject(FigureId, OpenMode.ForRead), SurveyFigure)

If oSF.Id = TmpFigure.Id Then
                                oSurveyFigure.IsBreakline = False
                                oSurveyFigure.Save()
                            End If

Next

End Try
                End Using
            End If
        End Sub

I'm still at a loss with deleteing a figure from the database though.  I see the erase method in the .net SurveyFigure object but it only appears to erase it from modelspace and not the database?

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
If you debug, can you read the properties of the TmpFigure to see if there is a database connection id or something?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »
unfortunately, I'm using VB 2010 Express and don't have the start option to allow debugging.  :-(

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »
Yes you do :-)

I've used VB.NET Express in the past and you can debug. See here for more details: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/07/debugging_using.html

surveyor_randy

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »
Cool, thanks for the tip.  I was unaware of that!  :-)

I looked at the properties of TmpFigure and see database (Autodesk.Autocad.DatabaseServices.database) but I do not see any connection ID or anything under that.  The only thing I see even close to it is a BlockTableID.

Thanks for you help!

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »
I don't know if you can find information in the Survey Figure. I think Civil 3D compares the handle or Id with records in the database. If I snoop a figure I can not find any relevant information. I only see some info in Civil 3D if I have a database open (or available). If I delete a database, even Civil 3D is not able to show me where it came from.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »
I agree...  I don't think the objects in the drawing are directly connected to the database.  When you make a change in the database, it probably looks for the survey figure in the drawing and updates it.  If I iterate through the items in the survey database, I can find it by comparing object IDs but I don't think the method to remove it is exposed.  My guess would be the only way to delete them from the survey database would be to create a msSQL hook into the database and purge it that way.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:16:04 PM by surveyor_randy »

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
Randy, I'm on vacation without a lot of time to play around with this, but.....
If you get the ObjectID (the COM ID, I think) from the selected figure in the drawing, then loop through the AeccSurveyFigures collection in the Survey Database and use the IsInDrawing() and GetObjectId() methods to compare the selected ObjectId with. Then you can get the ID to use in the AeccSurveyFigures.Remove(ID) method.

Hope that helps!

surveyor_randy

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »
There he is!  Thanks Jeff, I'll look at that later today.  Have a great vacation!  :-)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 02:19:06 PM »
I had some time this morning to test my theory and, yes, it does work. Sorry about the c# code, but it's what I know best.

Code - C#: [Select]
  1.         [CommandMethod("SurveyTest")]
  2.         public void surveytest()
  3.         {
  4.             Document doc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument;
  5.             Editor ed = doc.Editor;
  6.             Database db = doc.Database;
  7.             PromptEntityOptions entOpts = new PromptEntityOptions("Select survey figure: ");
  8.             entOpts.SetRejectMessage("..Not a Survey Figure, try again!");
  9.             entOpts.AddAllowedClass(typeof(CivDb.SurveyFigure), true);
  10.             PromptEntityResult entRes = ed.GetEntity(entOpts);
  11.             if (entRes.Status != PromptStatus.OK)
  12.                 return;
  13.             using (Transaction tr = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())
  14.             {
  15.                 AcadEntity acadent = (AcadEntity)entRes.ObjectId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead).AcadObject;
  16.                 AeccSurveyApplication survapp = new AeccSurveyApplication();
  17.                 survapp.Init((AcadApplication)Application.AcadApplication);
  18.                 AeccSurveyDatabase Surveydb = (AeccSurveyDatabase)survapp.ActiveDocument.Database;
  19.                 AeccSurveyProjects surveyProjs = Surveydb.Projects;
  20.                 AeccSurveyProject surveyProj = surveyProjs.FindItem("test");
  21.                 surveyProj.Open();
  22.                 if (surveyProj == null)
  23.                     return;
  24.                 AeccSurveyFigures figs = surveyProj.Figures;
  25.                 int id = 0;
  26.                 foreach (AeccSurveyFigure fig in figs)
  27.                 {
  28.                     if (fig.IsInDrawing((AcadDatabase)db.AcadDatabase) && (fig.GetObjectId((AcadDatabase)db.AcadDatabase) == acadent.ObjectID))
  29.                     {
  30.                         id=fig.ID;
  31.                         break;
  32.                     }
  33.                 }
  34.                 if (id != 0)
  35.                     figs.Remove(id);
  36.                 tr.Commit();
  37.             }
  38.         }
Note that this removes the figure from the Database, but not from the drawing.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:07 AM »
Thanks Jeff!  That worked perfectly and it did delete the object from the drawing as well.  Here it is in VB.NET just as a reference for those of us who use VB.NET:

<CommandMethod("DF")> _
        Public Sub DeleteSurveyFigure()
            Dim opt1 As New PromptEntityOptions(vbCrLf & "Select survey figure to delete: ")

Dim entRes As PromptEntityResult = ed.GetEntity(opt1)

If (entRes.Status = PromptStatus.OK) Then 'single item picked
                Using tr As Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
                    Dim acadent As AcadEntity = DirectCast(entRes.ObjectId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead).AcadObject, AcadEntity)
                    Dim survapp As New AeccSurveyApplication()
                    survapp.Init(DirectCast(Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.AcadApplication, AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication))
                    Dim Surveydb As AeccSurveyDatabase = DirectCast(survapp.ActiveDocument.Database, AeccSurveyDatabase)
                    Dim surveyProj As AeccSurveyProject = Surveydb.CurrentProject
                    surveyProj.Open()
                    If surveyProj Is Nothing Then
                        Return
                    End If
                    Dim figs As AeccSurveyFigures = surveyProj.Figures
                    Dim id As Integer = 0
                    For Each fig As AeccSurveyFigure In figs
                        If fig.IsInDrawing(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase)) AndAlso (fig.GetObjectId(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase)) = acadent.ObjectID) Then
                            id = fig.ID
                            Exit For
                        End If
                    Next
                    If id <> 0 Then
                        figs.Remove(id)
                    End If
                    tr.Commit()
                End Using
            End If
        End Sub

I really appreciate the help.  One quick question for you.  Do you happen to know if there is a method to "refresh" the list of figure lines in the survey tab?  I figured out how to toggle the .isbreakline property but the change only shows up in the figure list if I manually click on figures and select refresh.  Thanks again for all you help, you are an asset to this community!  :-)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
You're welcome, happy to help! I have not found a way to force a Refresh of the Toolspace. Depending of what I'm doing, it seems like sometimes it refreshes on it's own, other times I need to manually do so.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »
Yeah, your right.  It seems like it's hit or miss on whether or not it updates.  Hopefully they will add a refresh method or something like that down the road.  Have a good one, Jeff!

surveyor_randy

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »
One last question for you guys:

I notice that they surveyfigure has a .GetObjectID method to it that is returned as a long.

How can I utilize this to get the actual Autocad entity from the database.  Or is there a better way to get the Autocad object??
In short, I'm trying to get the AcadObject so I can add it as a break line on a surface.

The following code didn't work:
Dim BreaklineID as long
BreaklineID = fig.GetObjectId(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase))
Dim hn As Handle = New Handle(BreaklineID)
Dim oid As ObjectId = db.GetObjectId(False, hn, 0)
Dim ent As AcadObject = DirectCast(tr.GetObject(oid, OpenMode.ForRead, False), AcadObject)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 02:31:44 PM »
I think this is what you want:
Code - vb.net: [Select]
  1. Dim BreaklineID as long
  2. BreaklineID = fig.GetObjectId(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase))
  3. Dim ent As AcadObject = DirectCast(tr.GetObject(oid, OpenMode.ForRead, False).AcadObject, AcadObject)

surveyor_randy

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »
Thanks Jeff...  No joy...  still not working.  I keep hitting a "eUnknownHandle" exception.  I think I'm approaching this the right way but don't have the code implemented properly.  I should be able to get the handle of the objectID returned from the survey figure.

Well...  It seems that the handle doesn't exist for whatever reason.  Kean Walmsley says " If the handle entered doesn't exist, then GetObjectId() will throw an exception" which makes sense.  But it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't have a handle.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:50:47 PM by surveyor_randy »

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:27 PM »
The SurveyDatabase Figure may not be in the current drawing, at which point it will not have a Handle. As I showed in my earlier code, verify that it does, in fact, reside in the current drawing prior to attempting to get the ObjectId.

If fig.IsInDrawing(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase))

surveyor_randy

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 08:18:52 AM »
For Each fig As AeccSurveyFigure In figs
                    If fig.IsInDrawing(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase)) AndAlso (fig.IsBreakline = True) Then

BreaklineID = fig.GetObjectId(DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase))
                        ed.WriteMessage(BreaklineID.ToString & vbCrLf)
                        Dim hn As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Handle = New Handle(BreaklineID)

Try
                            Dim oid As ObjectId = db.GetObjectId(False, hn, 0)
                            ed.WriteMessage("Exception" & vbCrLf)
                        End Try

Dim ent As AcadObject = DirectCast(tr.GetObject(oid, OpenMode.ForRead, False).AcadObject, AcadObject)
                    End If
                Next

I'm checking to see if the figures are in the drawing in the loop.  The line that is throwing the exception is "Dim oid As ObjectId = db.GetObjectId(False, hn, 0)".  It throws an exception on every survey figure.  Maybe I'm approaching this wrong.  Thank you for your help Jeff.  You are certainly an asset to the community!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
The Long returned by fig.GetObjectID is the COM ObjectID, not the .NET ObjectId. You are passing the ObjectID when the New Handle(id) is expecting the ObjectId. I think this should work:

Code - vb.net: [Select]
  1.                 Dim acaddb As AcadDatabase = DirectCast(db.AcadDatabase, AcadDatabase)
  2.                 For Each fig As AeccSurveyFigure In figs
  3.                     If fig.IsInDrawing(acaddb) AndAlso (fig.IsBreakline = True) Then
  4.                         Dim BreaklineID As Long
  5.                         BreaklineID = fig.GetObjectId(acaddb)
  6.                         Dim ent As AcadObject = DirectCast(acaddb.ObjectIdToObject(BreaklineID), AcadObject)
  7.                     End If
  8.                 Next

surveyor_randy

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
Thanks Jeff!  That worked!

It's pretty frustrating when you are getting started programming AutoCAD customizations.  I always seem to run into trouble by not knowing when I'm mixing COM and .NET objects together.  I hope someday I can fully understand how this works.  Is there a difference between the Aecc database and the autocad database?  I'm guessing the Aecc database would contain all of the civil objects.  You should consider writing a book on customizing Civil 3D.  I'd certainly buy it!  :-)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »
  I always seem to run into trouble by not knowing when I'm mixing COM and .NET objects together.
Part of this confusion is compounded, I'm sure, by the use of VB.NET. Let me explain why....VB.NET doesn't care how you type things, as long as they are spelled correctly. For instance: OBjecTId, OBJECTID, objectid, ObjectID, ObjectId are all valid incarnations that would point to the same object. So you have no idea that the COM AcadDatabase ObjectID and the .NET Managed Acad.Database ObjectId are two different things. Whereas, in C#, you must type them exactly as they are defined in the API. So ObjectID (COM) and ObjectId (.NET) ARE 2 different objects, this is how I keep things sane when combining COM and managed code (which I try to keep to a minimum).

When working with C3D objects, ALL COM objects start with Aecc. When working with Acad object, ALL COM objects start with Acad. Their .NET counterparts do not: AeccSurveyFigure vs SurveyFigure; AcadDatabase vs Database; AeccAlignment vs Alignment; AcadEntity vs Entity

surveyor_randy

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
Thanks for that nice explanation Jeff.  I had no idea that there were differences in ObjectId (.NET) vs ObjectID (.COM).  I also never knew that all civil objects that start with "Aecc" are referencing COM objects and any AutoCAD objects that start with "Acad" are also COM objects.  Knowing this will help me out tremendously.  I know a little C#.  Maybe it's time that I just abandon VB.NET altogether.  It seems that it would make programming for C3D much easier.  The languages are similar in many ways.  It's just getting the syntax down.  Thanks again for all of your help!  :-D

GTVic

• Mosquito
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
Hope it is okay to resurrect this. I usually try for late binding to support as many versions of possible with a single DLL where COM is required. But I cannot get fig.GetObjectId(oAeccSurveyDB) to work in this case where the fig.IsInDrawing(oAeccSurveyDB) call works fine. The exception is Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802A (TYPE_E_WRONGTYPEKIND))

Code below shows TEST1 which works and TEST2 which does not. The only difference is the the variable definition "As Object".

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput

Imports Autodesk.Civil.DatabaseServices
Imports Autodesk.AECC.Interop.Survey
Imports System
Public Class Main

Implements Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.IExtensionApplication

Public Sub Initialize() Implements IExtensionApplication.Initialize
        Dim ed As Editor = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor()
        ed.WriteMessage("Initializing - " & My.Application.Info.AssemblyName)
    End Sub

Public Sub Terminate() Implements IExtensionApplication.Terminate
    End Sub

<CommandMethod("TEST1")> Public Sub Test1()

oAeccSurveyApp = oAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication.10.4")
        oAeccSurveyDoc = oAeccSurveyApp.ActiveDocument 'AeccSurveyCOMDoc

Using trans As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim oCurrentProject As AeccSurveyProject = oAeccSurveyDB.CurrentProject

For Each fig As AeccSurveyFigure In oCurrentProject.Figures
                If fig.IsInDrawing(oAeccSurveyDB) Then
                    Dim comID As Long = fig.GetObjectId(oAeccSurveyDB)
                    Dim netID As Object = oAeccSurveyDB.ObjectIdToObject(comID)
                    Dim figID As Integer = fig.ID
                End If
            Next

End Using

End Sub

<CommandMethod("TEST2")> Public Sub Test2()

Dim oAcadApp As Object = Nothing
        Dim oAeccSurveyApp As Object = Nothing
        Dim oAeccSurveyDoc As Object = Nothing
        Dim oAeccSurveyDB As Object = Nothing

oAeccSurveyApp = oAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiSurvey.AeccSurveyApplication.10.4")
        oAeccSurveyDoc = oAeccSurveyApp.ActiveDocument 'AeccSurveyCOMDoc

Using trans As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim oCurrentProject As Object = oAeccSurveyDB.CurrentProject

For Each fig As Object In oCurrentProject.Figures
                If fig.IsInDrawing(oAeccSurveyDB) Then
                    Dim comID As Long = fig.GetObjectId(oAeccSurveyDB)
                    Dim netID As Object = oAeccSurveyDB.ObjectIdToObject(comID)
                    Dim figID As Integer = fig.ID
                End If
            Next

End Using

End Sub

End Class

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8002802A): Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802A (TYPE_E_WRONGTYPEKIND))
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at Main.Test2() in F:\Visual Studio\Projects\Main.vb:line 73
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke()