Author Topic: Is there a way to apply a background mask within a block with text attributes?  (Read 5392 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Thanks to all in advance.... I'm using, at the moment of this question with C3D 2011, ... and it would be cool if one could apply a background mask on a block with text attribute that could be toggled. I know in Sinpac they have a background mask feature, but it won't apply a background mask to apply in this situation. Has anyone ever made one for this situation?

MJP
Raleigh, NC
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Make the block a Dynamic Block with visibility properties? Place a wipeout and have the visibility properties toggle it on/off?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson

a wipe-out inside the block definition should serve
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Make the block a Dynamic Block with visibility properties? Place a wipeout and have the visibility properties toggle it on/off?

Well that works, but has an issue... if you move the attribute... the wipeout won't follow... thus why I was hoping to have a background mask rather than a wipeout.

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
sure it will if you add other dynamic properties to the block like a MOVE action and include the wipeout and the attribute in the selection set of objects to be moved
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

sourdough

• Bull Frog
sure it will if you add other dynamic properties to the block like a MOVE action and include the wipeout and the attribute in the selection set of objects to be moved

Mike, I understand what you are saying, but that isn't what I'm trying to achieve. This is a quarter number (top and bottom).
The block with att. What I'm using now allows me to move each top or bottom text by grip independently. That is where the wipeout won't work, but a background mask would be part of the att. text... not quite as it appears. If there was a way to make the att. text have a background mask option then all would be good. Guess this is a bucket-list hope. I'll add an example of block w/att text where the att. text has independent grips to each att text, so it can be moved around to fit...etc.

Thanks just the same.

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
each ATT gets it' own wipeout
each ATT gets its own move parameter for dynamic move
Each of those Move Actions - includes the  Wipeout and the Attribute as the selection set of item to be moved.

Try the sample.dwg a a block to see

one could even include rotation parameter as well

Enjoy!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

sourdough

• Bull Frog
each ATT gets it' own wipeout
each ATT gets its own move parameter for dynamic move
Each of those Move Actions - includes the  Wipeout and the Attribute as the selection set of item to be moved.

Try the sample.dwg a a block to see

one could even include rotation parameter as well

Enjoy!

Mike could you make that so it opens with C3D 2011?

Thanks

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
True View ????
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
If you make attribute a Multiline attribute then you can apply an background mask.

Not sure why they add extra step of clicking ellipse button to edit multiline attributes.

Dave M

• Newt
Look at how this block is set up
Civil 3D 2018 - Microstation SS4 - Windows 10 - Dropbox

sourdough

• Bull Frog

Hi, and thanks. I only have C3D 2011, could you make it so I can open with 2011.

MJP

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull

Hi, and thanks. I only have C3D 2011, could you make it so I can open with 2011.

MJP

Drawing True View should convert for you
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Dave M

• Newt
Sorry, I attached the wrong file.  Try this
Civil 3D 2018 - Microstation SS4 - Windows 10 - Dropbox

sourdough

• Bull Frog

MJP

Drawing True View should convert for you

I haven't tried the True View, but I did use your method and it worked great..... Thank you so much.

Thanks all !!!  I added what I was able to do with this help in an attachment.

MJP
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:04:52 PM by sourdough »

Win 10 64bit