Author Topic: How to automate several things?  (Read 1856 times)

Sbeth85

How to automate several things?
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:02 AM »
Hi there,
This is my first post on the forum. I hope I'm writing in the correct category!
Basically:
In my current job I get lots of files with tons of Layouts each from many different parties.
Basically, I'll list what I want to accomplish, and am asking if there is a Lisp/Code (I don't know the difference, to be honest), that can be used to automate this?

Thank you!
--
I WANT TO...

1. Change all Layouts in a given file to a new PC3: "DWG to PDF" (regardless of what the old one was (ex: HPDesignJet yadda yadda) because it keeps shifting depending on who sent me the file.)

2. Find a way to toggle on the "Display Plot Style" box in the Page Setup, so that I don't need to go through each Layout and click on it manually myself.

3. MAINTAIN all the different page sizes in the respective layouts (I don't want everything getting set to A4 or something... a lot of these pages will also have custom dimensions, so I guess I need a way to maintain the existing page size+ add the page size to the new PC3? "dwg to pdf"

--
4. Last but not least... I've tried searching for this answer and can't find- I need an idiot's guide to batch plotting when all the Layouts have different sizes.
TIA!

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: How to automate several things?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »
Hey Sbeth85, I'm surprised that no one has responded, yet. I think you may have gotten something by now if you had posted in the LISP or Plotting sections. Hopefully a moderator will move this for you.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:53:52 PM by RobDraw »
CAD Tech

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
Sbeth85, welcome to the swamp.

Typically we help people when their programing efforts fall short but it appears as though you don't have enough experience to tackle this complex project.
I'm not familiar with the Sheet Set Manager but perhaps it may help.

I have a lisp routine that sets all tabs or selected tabs to a pre defined Page Set Up.  http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8855.0
That will take care of 1 & 2 but 3 & 4 will take some work.

I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »
Have a look into TrueView.  Among other things, the DWGConvert module can also do default printers and import page set-ups.

For batch printing with different sizes, its best to have a page set-up made current in each layout so its used when publishing.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}