Author Topic: Autocad Sheet Set Manager Question  (Read 4909 times)

Hoity

Autocad Sheet Set Manager Question
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:57:54 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where or how the sheet set manager table list is grabbing all the information it puts out. Example; I have 4 sheets created in SSM and when i go to insert table it comes out with information naming the sheet number and sheet title in the table. I don't like the way it looks by default and at my company we have a standard drawing index that we use. Is there anyone that could help me figure out where and how to create a table to make it look like our standards. Or if anyone could help me figure out how to import my drawing index from excel to come out with fields and the formula's already inputted just like the "Insert sheet list table".

Thanks,

P.S sorry if this is hard to understand. I really don't even know how to ask the question I just know what I want to do.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Autocad Sheet Set Manager Question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »
It's been a while since I've messed around with drawing lists from SSM but isn't the display based on a table style??  Have you looked into creating your own table style and using that for the drawing list?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Hoity

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:15:24 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply

Yes I've tried creating my own drawing table but it gets frustrating because my company is very picky at what they want. I'll post an excel dwg of what I want it to look like and you let me know if its possible.

I would love to use Excel and data link it. But what I am wanting to do is how the Default SSM table list finds the fields and formulas to give us the information that is on the Sheet Set. I want to implement that to excel where it auto updates itself. Example with that is by default SSM Table list if I was to add another drawing through SSM I would right click the table and update without having to type anything in. I understand with EXCEL I can just add new text inside save and paste clip. But I kind of want to automate my Drawing Index so whenever there is a new sheet added the Drawing index will be updated automatically.

Thanks for your time.

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »
1) You can't data link OUT from the SSM table (just tried in MEP 2015.  Wouldn't allow it).
2) You can't format the table the way you're looking to do in the Excel file you posted.

Sorry...
Autodesk Expert Elite

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
1a)  You CAN export your drawing list table to a CSV file then open in Excel.  I know it's a couple of extra steps but...
Autodesk Expert Elite

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »
You can create a block for top part that is lines up with table style

What are the Issued for permit type? A yes or no checkmark?

Hoity

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:31:48 PM »
@m@yhem Thanks for the reply again. The reason why I ask this is because on the default insert sheet list table if I were to add a new sheet then update data link it automatically fills it out. I was wondering if there was a way to figure out where it's linked too so I can figure out the source to that.

Also I copied and pasted the excel table into the drawing and basically recreated my table through cad. I saved it as another table but i can't seem to change the style of the table to make it look differently. When i go to "Insert sheet set table" It gives me choices on what I need to bring in and shows me the default table and shows me the one I just saved. But when I go to the one I created it just brings back the default table. Is there something I am doing wrong to make it bring in the table I've created?

@Jeff H. We are using a Bullet for submitted and a O for the non-submitted ones.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 05:35:14 PM »
the table style changes may not have been applied
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 05:40:45 PM »
From What I can tell you can get that table in and use a custom sheet property to provide the "Big O" to use as the permit not permit bullet
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:31:16 AM »
Worst case you could do it with lisp, create a plain text table that is.
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=13469.0
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
I don't like the way it looks by default and at my company we have a standard drawing index that we use. Is there anyone that could help me figure out where and how to create a table to make it look like our standards. Or if anyone could help me figure out how to import my drawing index from excel to come out with fields and the formula's already inputted just like the "Insert sheet list table".

I've used SSM for all of our projects since entering the world of CAD production; never been a fan of the built-in Index functionality (among other shortcomings).

That said, there's no need to export, import, etc... Just edit the text entities that makeup your standard drawing index, and right click, and select 'Insert Field...' from the context menu.

In the Field dialog, change Field category, and Field names to SheetSet, and navigate down to the target drawing for the reference your trying to indicate in your Index.

As an example, I created an SSM Sub-set for each sheet type specified in our drawing Index, then locate the individual sheets within that Sub-set. I then Field refernce the Sub-set for the Index item, and Field reference the first and last sheets in that Sub-set (using Property == SheetNumber) to indicate the applicable sheet numbers for that sheet type if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, this is not dynamically linked to SSM en-mass, and may require incremental maintenance throughout the various phases of plans production, but has been very useful for our work over the years.

HTH
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

JONTHEPOPE

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
Left click a name in the sheet set and pick name and renumber. here you can renumber the sheet set names, tabs and drawing files