Author Topic: Image frame  (Read 1794 times)

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
Image frame
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
 A xref has several images attached and that file is attached to the site plans. There is no linework behind the image, Imageframe is set to 0 ( in the sheet and xref) yet the pdfs show what I believe the frames. I thought it might be a space between images, but they do overlap slightly.

Am I missing something new in 2013?
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Image frame
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
Generally I set IMAGEFRAME to 2, so it;s visible but won't plot.  Try that....

Alternatively, there may be problematic pixels at the image boundaries.  I'll run into that with aerial TIFFs from time to time.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
is there a pix fix?

(these are jpg's)
Acad 2013 and XM

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
I had same problem and setting IMAGEFRAME to 1 and the back to 0 fixed it for me. Maybe try FRAME 0 also.

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
is there a pix fix?

(these are jpg's)

Maybe -- combine the files in an image editor, and run a clone tool across questionable areas to merge them more attractively. 

It usually seems that I have better results with the png format in Acad than with jpegs.  might be advantageous to try converting them.

The other question that comes to mind, is why you would use a separate XREF file to contain the images and nothing but the images?  While I see it done, you lose a lot of control and flexibility of the image display (fade, brightness, ect.)  And that may be a factor.  In the Xref file itself, do you see issues between the images?  or do they merge cleanly?
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:46 AM »
Thxs to both will give each a try. Not my files, thats just the way they built it (theres 43 of those images) and I think I should change their files as little as poss, but I do have to make good plots.

I've always put images on a seperate file (habit), easier to load/unload/freeze in vp's. In this case its great, I can unload the image xref, do linework (w/o waiting for a 5 min regen between very clk), re load at the end and plot (waiting 5 min with every plot  :( )

Thxs Again!
Acad 2013 and XM