Author Topic: Revising 3d models  (Read 14632 times)

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
Re: Revising 3d models
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 01:09:44 PM »
We've got some decidedly non-engineering types running around in Freedom without too many problems.

Red-lines are associated with saved viewpoints, and those can be exported in reports, much like scribbling on a printed sheet.  The red-lines can be seen in Freedom but can't be modified in it.

Change documentation in 3D models is less straightforward than more traditional 2D drawings.  There's a lot more hand-wavey, kinda-sorta, fuzzy logic involved.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

NOT SURE

Re: Revising 3d models
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
For NOT SURE even your non cad-ucated fire chiefs could use the Freedom viewer and or Design review to do all this marking and reviewing without need to print and scan, etc

I've tried getting some to use Design Review at one point and it was a disaster, but I'd love to see it implemented. It's just not feasible for my situation, since some of the people I have to work with have never even turned a computer on in their lifetime. Most of it is over-the-phone, and some really only know how to use an email client. Every once in a great while, there will be someone I come across who's computer savvy, so I do have a DR link I send for those moments in history.