Author Topic: Can't clear memory on KIP Starprint 6000 ???  (Read 2350 times)

DDGIGIRL

Can't clear memory on KIP Starprint 6000 ???
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
When trying to print a 50 page large (36x42) document, I noticed that KIP couldn't finish the print.  The first time it printed all but 2 pages, but then after a while started printing the whole file again from the beginning.  Looking into it a bit more we discovered a KIP Error 27, which has something to do with the wire temperature.  My question is this . . . . is there an easy way to clear the memory on the printer itself instead of trying to go through software?  Our system uses a computer to print from and we do not use the standard software (I just started here so I don't know exactly why this is).  KIP keeps trying to reprint the ENTIRE file and gets approximately 10-12 pages printed and then nothing . . .  It keeps this cycle up and we can't get to the print que.  Anyone ever have this issue?  Is there a way to wipe the memory of print que jobs from the printer panel itself?  Or is there a solution to this? 

Thanks in advance for any help!
ddgigirl

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Can't clear memory on KIP Starprint 6000 ???
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:02 PM »
So you aren't using Kip Request?

Maybe try shutting it down and/or calling tech support?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »
ftp://ftp.ramimaging.ca/Support/KIP%20Support/Manually%20Clearing%20Print%20Queue.pdf

You will need to have the KIP software installed somewhere to do this.

OR optionally you will want to STOP and then RESTART the SPOOL process/service on the machine that is controlling this KIP
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »
We use a batch file that kills the print queue.  Actually there is two, one for the current job and one to kill all the print jobs.  But unfortunately IT  has that printer computer lock down so I could not get to it.  I will try to find the names for you search by.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »
I always used Kip Request and selected Manage. That allowed me to log into the internal computer onboard the Kip printer ... from there I had full access to the printer and the jobs.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

DDGIGIRL

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »
Thanks for all your help and suggestions!  We actually got it to clear out last night (or my colleague did).  He had to trick KIP by taking out 36" paper and putting in 34" paper only so it would try to print, but wouldn't throw up an error message like it was doing.  When the error message was showing we couldn't open up the print que.  It would just keep flashing the error 27 message.  Seems we do have the KIP software installed but its not the typical set up you would see with a Starprint 6000.  Anyways, once the error message was bypassed he was able to get into the manager and clear the print que by clicking on UNATTEND.  Weird thing about this problem was that there were 5 print jobs in the que from back in 2012 when this system was set up.  This seems to be the reason that it sometimes took several minutes (up to 25 minutes) for this system to actually start printing after a job has been sent.  It was trying to print those 5 test jobs until it bypassed them and grabbed the current job. 

This system is lightening fast now.  Starts printing almost immediately when a job is sent. 

Seems to me with how well these printers are build and what they are used for that you would be able to stop the print and clear the memory from the printer itself.   If for no other reason than it's expensive to run these and if you can't get to the print que quickly enough then you end up wasting ALOT of product.  I think we wasted an entire roll of 36" paper until the problem was solved. 

Sorry about any confusion and misinformation I might have put on my original post about this problem.  I should have gotten clearer information before I described the problem. Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend! 

**Life is much better when you have a positive attitude!**