Author Topic: PGL marker in section views  (Read 2150 times)

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
PGL marker in section views
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
C3D 2014, SP1

I'm cutting some simple sections for a trail in a state park.  There's an existing surface, and I've got an alignment and design profile.  The section views lay in nicely, and exist grade shows up as expected.  What's unexpected is the display of the PGL marker.  The PGL marker style is defined as a NoPlot, and uses the "use custom marker' with a circle highlighted.  The display tab of the marker style shows the marker as visible, layer C-ANNO-NPLT, using the Bylayer color (which is color 14 for that layer).  Layer Manager has that layer set to non-plot.

What i get however, showing up on the section view, is a circle displayed with color 191.  If I get ruthless and explode the section view twice, that circle lists as a Circle entity, hardwired to color 191, on layer C-ROAD-SCTN-MARK.   Neither that layer name nor color appear anywhere in the style definition.

WTF??? and where else can I look to find t where it's getting that information from and fix it?

GOT IT:

view direction in the marker style was the problem.  It was set to be non plotting in plan, but not section, model, or profile.
other gripe -- the PGL Marker ignores OSNAPS  dammitall
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:14:26 PM by cadtag »
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business