Author Topic: All Support File Search Paths Exported to Notepad or excel?  (Read 1625 times)

TIMOTHY99C3D

I am in need of a lisp code that can capture all of the Support file pathes and put them into excel or notepad.  I found a post by Mark from years ago that does this for the "Support File Search Paths" but only the "Support File Search Paths"  Posts: 25108  http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=442.msg5409#msg5409
This level of code is beond my curent level of understanding at this point.  I have over 200 profiles of users within my comany that I need to sort through and identify the common pathes for their small groups.  Being able to push them out of the (*.arg) files all at once would be a big help.

Thank you,
Timothy

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
Re: All Support File Search Paths Exported to Notepad or excel?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
I'll make a lateral suggestion - do a quick sample (10 - 20) then work from there, creating paths where necessary.  Trying to reconcile that many different users

a) will take a very long time
b) is unlikely to be reconciled into a logical, easy to manage list
and c) will need to be adjusted later anyways

Support file search path is stored in a single registry entry ("ACAD") under the AutoCAD profile as a semi-colon concatenated string.  Its one of the easiest items to tease out of the structure.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Re: All Support File Search Paths Exported to Notepad or excel?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »
(getenv "ACAD")
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64