Author Topic: Attributes  (Read 4343 times)

ML

Attributes
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:13:51 PM »
Hello,

I have attributed a titleblock but when I wblocking them out, I select each attribute in the order that I want them to come up in the dialog box when the user edits attributes but for some reason they are not coming up in the order that I selected them to. This never happend to me before, anyone know why this is happening?

Thank you

Mark

J_P

Attributes
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:08:48 AM »
Don't know about other versions, but in LT2000 and LT2002 I found that selecting in REVERSE order worked OK for me.

hope this helps.

Gliderider

Attributes
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:19:10 AM »
Try "battman"

ML

Attributes
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 09:10:49 AM »
OK, I will try both

Thank you

whdjr

Attributes
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 02:43:35 PM »
In 2000 you had to create the attributes in the order you want them to show in the dialog box.  I found this didn't always work if the number of atts exceeded one page in the dialog box.  so what we did was to create all the atts in a temp dwg and them cut and paste them into the proper order in the proper file.  Major pain in the a$$.

ML

Attributes
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:26:15 PM »
I did end up uusing Attribute Manager. With it, you are able to arrange the order that you want the attributes to prompt in the dialog box

whdjr

Attributes
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:27:40 AM »
That doesn't work in the original block with the attributes in it, does it?
I thought that only worked in a file where the attributed block had been inserted?

ML

Attributes
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »
That is correct wh

But, once you insert the blocks into the titleblock again, you can use attribute manger to re order them and you are good to go. It literally takes seconds

whdjr

Attributes
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 05:50:02 PM »
Yeah...but, if you use that block on multiple jobs then every time you have to insert new then you have to remember to run battman again.  Why not just make it right to start with?

ML

Attributes
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 01:50:20 PM »
I agree with you. If I was using it on multiple jobs, I would make it right but for "my" case, I only needed them in the titleblock, so that served the purpose.

If I need to change the attributes from here on, the will be directly on the titleblock.

Of course I am curious as to why that happened in the first place but it may have just been a freak accident.

ML

Attributes
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 01:50:51 PM »
I agree with you. If I was using it on multiple jobs, I would make it right but for "my" case, I only needed them in the titleblock, so that served the purpose.

If I need to change the attributes from here on, the will be directly on the titleblock.

Of course I am curious as to why that happened in the first place but it may have just been a freak accident.

CADaver

Attributes
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:32:36 PM »
ATTREDEF