Author Topic: 2006 and cui Files  (Read 2240 times)

ML

2006 and cui Files
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:06:28 PM »
Hello,

We just got 2006, it is very cool but I was really thrown off by these new .cui files that are replacing the .mnu,.mns,.mnc (etc) files.
The menu files that we are use to are now considered legacy.

It looks like I am going to really like the new way of creating and managing menus but in the meantime, I need to keep everything going.

Is anyone familiar with this? If so, I did menuload my .mns file into ACAD 2006 but I can not figure out how to place The move the POP Menus around  in the menubar, the menubar part of the menuload dialog box is not there anymore. Anyone know why?

Crank

• Water Moccasin
2006 and cui Files
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:37:03 AM »

I found a way, but it's not as easy as in previous releases. Perhaps it can be done easyer, but this works:

On the left you can drag and drop the pulldown-menu's, but that doesn't change much.
On the right you've to change the aliases. In this case change POP10 to a number that hasn't been used yet. After that POP10 is free and you can give a different pulldown the number POP10.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ML

2006 and cui Files
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:12:59 AM »
Hey Crank

Man, that does seem cumbersome. There must be a simple way like before

ELOQUINTET

2006 and cui Files
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 08:50:46 AM »
i looked at it briefly but not deep enough to comment. i guess i can see what they are kind of trying to do putting all the eggs in one basket so it's easier to play with. it's my opinion though that if you really want to figure it out it wasn't really that complicated hell i figured out how to customize most things  :roll:

ML

2006 and cui Files
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 09:03:49 AM »
And, I've taught myself VBA but I have 2 days until 2006 is in full swing here   :shock:

I was playing around with the cui files, it is kind of cool, minus the fact that all users can probably tamper with our company macros in the cui file.

But, going back to the post question, I am just looking for how to position the pop menus in the menubar.

Thanks

Mark

Crank

• Water Moccasin
2006 and cui Files
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:07:34 AM »
When Autodesk presents something new, you'll have to wait until the next release to see it finished. :)
I don't know why the drag-and-drop feature was added if it doesn't work, but from the old menu-structure to .xml is a big step.
Maybe in future releases :?:
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ML

2006 and cui Files
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »
This is true but 2006 still supports .mns files, so there must be a legacy way of doing it.

If worse comes to worse, I will just right a VBA macro that will load it right where I tell it, but there should be a menubar feature.

I think they are trying to make it so that everyday users can grasp and work with customization more as well. It is a good idea, but I see potential problems with that as well